loepan

any vr6 owners do me a quick favour?

come to check the oil on the vr6 and plastic piece between the dipstick and the tube has completely crumbled away

anyone just pop out to theirs (assuming your levels are ok) and take off the orange (sometimes grey) guide piece and tell me where abouts your level is? if you could give us the both measurements one with guide one without that would be really helpful

got a journey 2mw and don't want to be low or in fact to high?

1st to do it gets a hug haha

Is this any god to you.

image_zpsf021b7a5.jpg

image_zps00dd4283.jpg

Total length of dip stick in the tube is 56cms, if you measure that from the end on you stick and then add a bit of tape, you can then dip the sump and get an accurate measurement if the tape aligns with the top of the tube.... How that makes sense...

Btw, I've got a spare dip stick, let me know if you are in the Plymouth area and you can have it mate.

Rog.

yep that'll do nicely, cheers for that mate. i owe you one

not going totally vag this weekend by any chance?

No mate, I'm in Nottingham looking at a uni with my son.... But if you are gojng you could pop in mine on the way down if you want that dip stick or I think a mate of mine is going so I could give it to him.

Rog.

nah I've already ordered one but much appreciated for the offer dude, was just wondering if 'locals' were heading there

good luck with the uni hunting

Cheers mate, we are just going to an open day, he still has another of A levels yet so this it just a info gathering trip, just a pain that it's this weekend.

We should sort out a local meet sometime, there is a few of us down here so should be good.

Rog.

yeah definitely we will have to sort something out, if the weather holds much longer a bbq somewhere, before we go back to true 'shire' weather!