Hairyarse

Wheel opinions

Now I know that taste in wheels is a personal thing but I would appreciate peoples opinions.

I've never been convinced on the white wheels on my recently acquired C. I can't really justify spending on new wheels or refurb at the moment (damn I wished I bought the mint Estorils I was offered for £80 a few months back!) so any change short term will be me painting them.

Here's how we stand at the moment;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79749[/ATTACH]

Up close the finish isn't great. Sometimes I like them, others I don't. I did think about spraying them silver then lacquer them but I'm not sure it'll work so now think along the lines of black, graphite grey etc.

So, opinions please - throw em at me! lol (and if anyone is handy with photoshop feel free to have a play ;) )

They look like borbet c's to me , i quite like them but would never run them if that makes sense

Id do them a darker grey colour

Theres a few home painters on here including me so if you have any questions im sure people would be happy to help

Yes they do look very similar to Borbet C's. These are made by 'Titan' - never heard of them before! Dark grey may well be on the horizon ;)

Bright silver always looks nice, white on white can look alright but i'd get bored of it quite quickly (gives the car a bit of a cheap/boyracer look if i'm honest)

I'd get the missing bit of bumpstrip put on first :)

Bright silver always looks nice, white on white can look alright but i'd get bored of it quite quickly (gives the car a bit of a cheap/boyracer look if i'm honest)

I'd get the missing bit of bumpstrip put on first :)

It will be on by the end of the day ;) The trim turned up earlier in the week, I was just waiting for some trim tape to turn up - which did this morning

I'd say either silver or black centres with a silver rim. I saw a white 944 with black/silver recently and quite liked it.

I've had a cunning plan (I think?!) I've just picked this up tonight for stock;

2014-09-12193027_zps4bdf9f19.jpg

It will need a couple of little paint touch ups, so I may get a couple of rattle cans made up for it and use the remainder on the wheels.

Love 205's and that one looks sweet , what is it you do with these stock items ? Do you run a sales plot or something ??

Kind of. I was made redundant in May so started up in June, attempting to turn a passion for cars in to a business - http://www.yesterdayscars.co.uk

I'm no whizzo mechanic or anything but finding my feet buying cars like this and breathing some life back in to them! So far, so good lol

205, there can't be many people who don't like them..

Looks in good shape, I've been following them for a while and values are strong for good examples..

i decided to go with black centres & polished lips on the BBS splits for the white valver - cant wait to see what they will turn out like....got the repaired wheel ready to collect today

i decided to go with black centres & polished lips on the BBS splits for the white valver - cant wait to see what they will turn out like....got the repaired wheel ready to collect today

Oooo pics when you get them please :)

They look nice ;)

thanks andy - much appreciated

many many hours of polishing but was done in the garden with sun on my back & a scrumpy in hand ;) lol

i will update my build thread as soon as they are fitted & drop you a line m8

They look nice ;)

thanks andy - much appreciated

many many hours of polishing but was done in the garden with sun on my back & a scrumpy in hand ;) lol

i will update my build thread as soon as they are fitted & drop you a line m8