Rathion

Rathions Red Rado...Turbo.

Not much too add. Swapped out the Kenwood stereo for an Alpine I had kicking about and picked up an Italvolanti steering wheel for mucho cheapness. 7C021DA5-E127-4A91-9E9F-93230EE9E546.jpg

Oh and the chip seems to be behaving itself. I do however seem to be bogging down or misfiring at about 4500 rpm on WOT. Pulls like a train on half throttle.

I'm liking that steering wheel, I keep wearing through the leather on mine so always nice to see what good alternatives are about.

Hope you're enjoying the turbo in this weather - I decided to take my Corrado to work this morning to blow the cobwebs out and it was wheel spinningly fun :lol:

Mot passed today. Time to get going again with this.

Got a set of gauges to fit and going to get it remapped and setup properly on a rolling road.

Would like to do something with the front plate but seen so many pics of it in different sizes/places and it really only looks good without it.

Also think I'll get tinting the lights as I liked it that way when James had it.

Edited by Rathion

It's going back to late last year but where did you find the wheel? Very nice mate!!

Was just on eBay. Cant recall the seller but he has a few similar from time to time. I think it works really well.

Got some jobs done over the last few days.

Got hold of some gauges.

16904996287_af79588637_c.jpg

16489964434_48a37347c1_c.jpg

17110984042_b8d1674781_c.jpg

17111006852_91a78cc95f_c.jpg

Moved the number plate as it's annoying me covering the grill. Need a new plate but this will do for now till I decide if it's where I want it to stay.

16490098684_a1594a226e_c.jpg

Wasn't happy with tweeters and crossovers the way they were

17110888622_fda3e98504_c.jpg

So grabbed another pair of standard ones and modified them to hold the tweeters

16489958754_8216833f33_c.jpg

16492271203_7a3f90e5a0_c.jpg

16905058277_708c6891ba_c.jpg

17111809041_a42419a944_c.jpg

16492350963_29eec02fae_c.jpg

Much better.

Just waiting for my new wheels to become available. Pretty excited about those as I feel these will always be Graemes wheels. I'll probably still keep them though!

Toying with tinting the front end and top half of rear lights. Loved the "mean" look it had when James had it.

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Edited by Rathion
Bad link.

Lol, every time I speak to someone about the car you reply in this thread. Some nice touches, I still think the plate is best where stock is.

Interested to see what these wheels are.

Ha. Are you missing it? I'm not convinced about the plate either way. It would probably be best on a standard bumper but not sure how it would affect the temps. I'm tempted to run without it all together.

Wheels are a secret at the moment. Just hoping they will work out.

Ha, got to apologise about the crossovers, they were loose and access was difficult so I just crumpled up some paper and jammed it in there to stop them moving around.

Agree with Graeme re the plate, looks a bit too max power down there for me.

Always wanted some original gauges like those but couldn't bring myself to pay the £300 odd they seemed to sell for. Looks much better than the ones I installed.

How has the paint been for you? Faded much or is it kept tucked up in the garage when wet?

No worries Gareth. I think we're all guilty of a "temporary come permanent bodge" now and again. All fixed now though.

Re: plate I'm honestly not keen on it in either position. Maybe it's cos it wasn't screwed on to a solid backing on the grill area that I didn't like with it but I'm just not sure what to do with it. Would love to just ditch it altogether.

Gauges cost me half that brand new from heritage. I was led to believe they were obsolete for many years. Seen lots of people who had allegedly bought "the last set everrrrrr" I think they suit the cabin so well and should have been standard equipment on ALL Corrados. Although I do miss the cubby space.

Paint seems to be holding up ok so far. I got some sealant on it before winter but not done a proper spring clean on it yet. No garage for me I'm afraid so it has to rough it every night.

How did you guys find the brakes? I'm not overly impressed with them at all. It could just be me but I'm seriously considering a Brembo setup.

Couple other q's do either of you know the make/model/specs of the wastegate and the recirc valve? Contemplating changes there too.

Also can anyone confirm what cams are in? Is it 263's or 268's? Not changing those but just so that I know.

How did you guys find the brakes? I'm not overly impressed with them at all. It could just be me but I'm seriously considering a Brembo setup.

Couple other q's do either of you know the make/model/specs of the wastegate and the recirc valve? Contemplating changes there too.

Also can anyone confirm what cams are in? Is it 263's or 268's? Not changing those but just so that I know.

I liked the brakes. The front pads are Ferodo 2.11 which are a more track focused pad. The hotter they are the better they perform. When I was bedding them in and doing high speed hard stops the braking force got better and better as the car pulled up, where normal pads would start to fade, to the point like it felt I was going to be thrown through the windscreen.

This probably trades off to poorer cold performance, but they were half price so I took a gamble. Even though they still felt good to me when cold.

Rears are Ferodo Premiers.

Can't help on the other Questions, but the info will no doubt be in James' build thread, it just takes a long time to wade through every time you need the spec of something you aren't sure of.

Just looked at the for sale add I did and the cams are Schimmel 268s.

Nah the info isn't in James' thread I've read it plenty. I know the ad said 268's but I thought I saw 263's mentioned and wondered if it was a typo or not.

I'm still not convinced about the brakes. I don't think it's a temperature thing either.

I just feel it doesn't slow the car down fast enough. Maybe i'll just have to stomp on the pedal harder!!

I also don't like how the pad doesn't fill the disc. It's like the pads are too small or something. I'd like to try Brembos but afraid they will seriously limit my wheel choice. May try a different pad compound first although they still won't contact the full disc.

Can you lock the wheels up at speed? I never really tried, but if you can then tyres will be the limiting factor, and only being 205s wont help.

Finally got the wheels I've been after for a long time.

Pics tell the best stories.

19917506455_9637487bd7_b.jpg

19729469688_2202eb387c_b.jpg

19909972092_5ebaf4cf03_b.jpg

19891300666_9cde453225_b.jpg

19922595191_31121abff8_b.jpg

19891306796_2b4538b3dd_b.jpg

19729488658_9c6c15b2e4_b.jpg

19296571153_3de3f4ab3b_b.jpg

19296574623_5490c485df_b.jpg

Edited by Rathion

Glad you like! Been looking forward to seeing a set of these on a Corrado, looks very sweet indeed! ;)