Hairyarse

My 2.0 16v

I get people texting me all the time saying they've seen me in Stamford when it's you!!! Haha. Wish mine was as well looked after as yours, i miss having a rust free exterior and miss having carpets :-(

I get people texting me all the time saying they've seen me in Stamford when it's you!!! Haha. Wish mine was as well looked after as yours, i miss having a rust free exterior and miss having carpets :-(

LOL!

Mine's not that well!! Mechanically and structurally it is sound but has had some bad paint on a few panels and one wing has a couple of crusty bits, but it's not half bad ;) I do have carpets though! lol

When will yours be back together then?

Mines on the road, i drive it daily. Hoping to have all the work done to it over the coming months.....needs a lot of work though :-/

Im always about in Peterborough, not been to Stamford in it for a while. You should see a fair few vw guys around Stamford, my old house mates both have mk2 golfs and my mates got a crazy silver bora, there's 2 other Corrado's around and a few other different cars dotted around!

I'll give you a shout when im next over Stamford way, we'll have to meet up and get some snaps of the cars!

Im a fan of the gates by Burghley house :-D

b07d43a1.jpg

Hi,

Was this for sale in derby last year? If so I just missed out on purchasing it,lol

Mine or his? Mine I bought from Grantham in August. He had it a year or so I think

Ahhh yes i recognise where you go :-) the grounds are real nice! Been wanting to get some photos with the house in the background but they get funny about it so never managed to do it :-(

Mine i got 6 and a half years ago from Coventry.

Thought I should treat mine to a wash today - only did it last weekend but it's too brown now!

IMG-20141130-WA00041_zps721e0c59.jpeg

Now it's clean, I fitted the VW grille and badge combo now that the rubber grommets for the lower three tabs turned up from VW Heritage.

2014-11-30144512_zpsea2901e9.jpg

I'm not actually sure yet if I prefer this to the debadged one or not? I'll live with it for a while and see how I feel ;)

Bugger! I ordered a load of little bits from Heritage/classic parts on Friday. Could have done with these too but didn't think they were available. Oh well, that'll have to be included in the next order then!

Well now I'm the custodian of a VR, I'm busy getting the valver ready for sale. So far I've cleaned up all of the main positive and earth connections in the bay to make sure that they're tip-top. A new starter was also fitted a couple of weeks ago along with new tyres so that's all good.

Yesterday I set about replacing the cam cover gasket as the old one was weeping down the plug bores a little. Sadly once the cover was off I realised I had the wrong gasket set! Didn't know that the later 9As have a different gasket. That should arrive tomorrow.

Today I fitted a new cam belt and new plugs. Tomorrow it can all go back together when the gasket arrives and be mechanically sound - on to a few cosmetic bits then ;)

2015-01-21165124_zps8b46b8aa.jpg

2015-01-22181100_zps2b127892.jpg

The Valver is sold! Tobz off here came to look and drive this morning and a deal has been struck which I think is very fair for both buyer and seller.

He'll be collecting in the new few days - I have to say that despite having the VR there's something about the valver that I can't put my finger on, but will really miss!

Forgot to get a pic but Toby not long ago drove off in my valver, so that ends my story with this car.

I will miss it but am looking forward to seeing it get fully sorted as he's planning to get some paint sorted over the next month or so.

Well it looks like Toby has had to throw in the towel with my old valver :( - http://www.gumtree.com/p/volkswagen/ads/1109712751?EDID=7ZHUI17-FN33H-L4P1XM-EFOPRO-FKI68U-v1&CELLID=3624284&utm_source=savedsearches&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily&utm_content=GpB_month

If I had the spare cash I'd be tempted to buy it back.

It's a fair description of the car - if anyone is looking at buying it I'll happily add to Toby's appraisal of the car - I chucked a fair bit of money at it and despite the current issues with the car it's a good one - and pretty much rattle free too! lol (Wish my VR was!)