Grrrrallye

Bushes and Engine Mounts

Whilst I have the car in bits, the engine is coming out so I started to look at other exciting things I can do and thought I would get peoples opinions on bushes and mounts.

Should I just replace the stock mounts or are uprated mounts worth the cash?

Polybush kits look like a sound investment, but as I'm thinking air ride, I understand I wont be able to run the ARB half the kit will be redundant, is it worth the investment? will i still feel the benefits?

Just looking to see if anyone has any experience with either of these??

Vibratechnics front and gearbox mounts are no more expensive than dealer supplied standard ones and I'd recommend them. Go competition front and fast road GB. Stick with a standard rear if it's in reasonable condition as it doesn't make any real difference. Personally, I'd stay away from poly bushes but it's your call. A bit too firm and surprisingly don't last very well. R32/TT bushes where you can to firm it up a tad, then OE bushes everywhere else. That'll give a nice compliant ride without breaking your back.

Brilliant, just what I needed to know. The car is intended as a weekend toy, with a view to cruising and touring so I don't want it too hard.

Sounds like the mounts are the way to go though.

Is there a list of what bushes from the 32/TT match that anyone is aware of?