Dreadyedge

advice on 2.0 16v please

Hey all,

After a bit of advice, I recently brought a 2.0 16v and ive just started having a few probs

I took the car out on Saturday and after about 10 mins of driving it all of a sudden had a funny 5 mins where it was idling roughly and was hesitant when accelerating then it went back to normal and was fine....took it out yestersay and it did the same for a few mins when 1st started then as before was fine

Any idea's what the cause of this could be?

Thanks in advance

Welcome along mate!

If yours gets worse, then this may help you as I've had a few issues with mine - http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=88451

This how to may also help generally speaking - http://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=25972

It's for the 1.8 KR engine, not our 2.0 9a but there's a lot of similarities you can use, such as checking for vacuum leaks, setting up the metering head flap etc (mine was filthy and way out of adjustment.)

Hope that all helps - keep us updated ;)

Thanks Will have a look at this thread in a bit and see if I can solve it,

was gonna be going into the garage soon as I seem to have an oil leak from around what I believe to be the oil pressure sensor so if I can't sort it by then I'll get the garage to have a look at that as well when it goes in