vanilla gorilla

timing + intermediate pulley marking

trying to set the timing on a 90 g60. the markings on the intermediate pulley (if thats the correct terminology. the toothed pulley above the crank pulley) are confusing me. my intermediate pulley has two sets of markings. one is just a simple white dot. on roughly the other side of the pulley is a white line with the letters O and T stamped on either side of the line. which of these marks am i using to line up with the marking on the crank marking on the harmonic balancer.

thank you

just look at the distributor as a guide providing that hasn't been removed, the O and T marks are for TDC and 6 degrees before TDC

unfortunately i tried to have a local shop work on this car before i did and they couldnt get it to time. i brought it back home and found that the crank gear woodruff key had sheared. and i believe in the shops effort to get things to work they removed the distributor so i am having to reset everything now.

with that in mind what marks do i use then on the intermediate pulley?

thank you again for the reply

well i just reset the the all timing marks including pulling the distributor and realigning that, lined the intermediate up off one set of marking. it fired up. it was a little slow to fire (been sitting for more than two years) but it fired up fine. its been so long since it ran i cant really remember what it ran like so not sure if i have to fine tune things or not. revs up nice with no popping or anything. ran it a bit and shut it down and checked all the marks and they are all lined up good.

hi, the "intermediate pulley" runs the oil pump so no need to time it.

And the dizzy!