owenfishburn

Clutch problems

Has anyone had a problem where the clutch pedal drops to the floor when not in use for a few days. The corrado has done this a couple of times and I've noticed a leak of some sort from the engine bay. A friend has mentioned that the brake and clutch fluide share the same reservoir it this true as it could be this that is leaking.

The fluid reservoir is shared but the most likely culprit I'd the slave cylinder on the top of the gearbox, I guess it could also be the clutch master but the slave is pretty easy to inspect, two bolts hold it into the gearbox bell housing and it is simple to remove

Those symptoms sound very familiar to ones which I experienced a few months back. As mentioned above, the culprit turned out to be the slave cylinder on the gearbox. I sourced a new one on e-bay for around £45 and removal was as simple as removing the hydraulic feed pipe and two mounting bolts which can be done without removing anything else. Lift the old one out, fit the new one, replace the hydraulic feed and bleed it ........ job done.

make sure you have provisions to bleed the new part , ive always kinda struggled to get it just right

my best results have been from either using a pressure bleeder at 20psi or use a new large syringe to reverse bleed it

Sounds exactly the same as mine just before the slave cylinder let go, no pedal and no changing gear, good news is it is an easy fix, literally two bolts holding it in, its bolted as said to the top of the gearbox, can get a photo later if it helps as my box is out of the car so easy to see the part your after. Check for fluid on top or down the sides of the box, mine was only subtle but still visible.

Cheers.