Jim

Group Buy Feeler: Reproduction VR6 Silver Grille Badges (Update P3)

Are these chrome front badges that sought after then? So glad I painted mine red now :(

Holy cow. An update. The prototyping company have been very busy with some major contracts, hence lack of updates all this time.

Had a quick chat today and they're fairly confident they can reproduce the badge pretty closely. There were two options regarding the silver finish on the front of the badge - basically a painted aluminium finish, or actual metal plating. The metal plating option is going to make the badges prohibitively expensive (around £100 each!) whereas the painted finish would be £40-£50.

I accept there is going to be a limited market for these, but interested to know if there is any appetite at that price assuming the reproduction is very close to the original? If not, I'll discontinue the work on these and we could look into some other trim pieces in the future and write these off as being too difficult / expensive to remake.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update on these Jim.

I would be interested in a front grill badge, like you say £100 for the metal plated badge does seem expensive, but would be happy to pay £40-50 for the painted version if it was close to the original.

Well looks like Trimsport are finally going to make these so not much point in running two projects. Disappointing having already put a reasonable amount of time into this, but... ho hum. **** it. Thread closed.