Wendy

Rubbish Parts !!!

Well, honestly - I have got to replace my Shocks !!!

Quite miffed they have only lasted 11 years and approx 110,000 miles !!

So better than the originals - not bad heh ?

They are the Koni Shocks, which I have had it mentioned might actually be under guarantee - seriously, so need to double check.

Sadly I am needing to get a few things done, like rear pads, disks and bearings plus calliapers and brake pipes.

Oh well, she has not cost alsot in the last few years and better to get these done now before her respray which is booked for Mid February. I don't think Vag-Hag will notice if we swop a few bits !!

Have the 350z in for a Service on Monday, so just need to check that does not have a bigger priority of items needing attention.

It has a slight knocking at slow speed, so hopefully this is nothing too major or expensive.

I'm having to replace my rear shocks as they have started to weep oil. (advisory from the MOT). 90.000 miles but it will be the age of the shocks. I think they look like they are the originals from new. Not sure tbh.

My poor car, what with you and jonvr6 there will be nowt left of it :(

Hope the z is an easy fix like a bush or similar......

will you go for a mk4 rear caliper if swapping? easy upgrade thats less prone to sticking when handbrake has been left on. Rear beam and ancillaries is next on my list too, so nothing shiny to be stealing from mine. Please say hello to her when you drop in :)

Not sure at the moment.Wait to check if the 350 needs anything - as its MOT is due.

Then I can think of what parts for the VR.

Thing is - mine is parked in the garage so the handbrake never goes on in there, only when parking elsewhere. So not been an issue.

Yours - not this time - Might be tempted to write a message in the dust though !!!!! :-)

Seriously running for cover !!