seanl82

Can anyone identify theses parts please?

These were in the car when it came back from paint, so I can only expect that they came from somewhere!

I've had a look on the other Corrado, and I can't see anywhere where they would go. I'm sure I've seen the tabs in the second pic somewhere, but can't for the life of me remember where from! Whatever they are, its time for them to go back now so any help is much appreciated! :thumbleft:

DSC_0092_zpsraqlarsf.jpg

DSC_0093_zps8ujoowqx.jpg

No its not Michael. The photo isn't very good sorry, there are two of them. The top one is flipped over in the pic. I thought they could be seals under the quarter panel windows or something similar, and the tabs look to keep them in place maybe?

They go underneath the door, like the bottom edge of the actual door, should be some metal lugs that the black plastic bits push over (i've just bought the clips new from VW as taken mine off)

Legend! Thanks Jim. Most of the plastic tabs are a bit knackered now so I'll get some of them ordered as well. Thanks mate! :thumbleft:

You are quite correct Jim, I've just checked on VagCat. The strip locates over a set of pins on the lower edge of the door and is held in place by double sided tape and the clips.

Make sure you put them on well, because if they are a little bit loose they'll give you door closing problems and scratch the paint on the sill.

Yeah modern cars are much better in this area! When you wash the car give the seal a wipe, as when grit is stuck to it it acts like sandpaper...