Louis

Schrick VGI manifold OBD II - no longer needed

I'm looking for a Schrick VGI to fit to the Golf VR6 I'm collecting on Sunday. I've been keeping an eye out on various forums but timing hasn't been right.

I've got the cash waiting for the right one. It has to be complete & working. I know what kind of price they fetch & am willing to pay.

PM if you have one & would consider selling.

Rich

Edited by Louis
Bought one

What's the going rate for one of these nowadays? I have a perfect one sat here but not sure if it's worth me selling it or paying to get it fitted properly?

Anything from between 700 to 1000 i rekon and i wouldnt pay to get it fitted there not that difficult i fitted mine my self and id say i was a basic home mechanic

What's the going rate for one of these nowadays? I have a perfect one sat here but not sure if it's worth me selling it or paying to get it fitted properly?

Wes is it all complete...?

What Redborbet said. If you do a google search you'll see a few either on here or vr6oc that have sold recently.

It's definitely not worth paying to get it fitted. Sell it to me instead : ) look into the eyes, not around the eyes etc

I will have a VSR for sale shortly… it does have a schrick controller and actuator (not VW Motorsport) and does not have a VSR plate on it but will only be wanting Schrick money for it plus a little rarity tax..

How soon Goldie? I take it it's complete & works etc?

Is it fitted to your Corrado? If so I'd need to have it adapted to OBD II I think? Correct me if I'm wrong. I think I would need to get a machinist to do that for me as I have no skills in that dept!

Is it fitted to your Corrado? If so I'd need to have it adapted to OBD II I think? Correct me if I'm wrong. I think I would need to get a machinist to do that for me as I have no skills in that dept!

I've been looking into these lately and I'm sure you need to get it re-drilled and tapped or buy an adaptor plate. Went and viewed one on a Golf VR6 in coventry this week on eBay. Had been re-drilled but couldn't see a rpm controller box with it. Bidding finished saturday and went for £1100........! Schrick,refurbished 16" bbs splits with new tyres,leather seats......bargain?! Shame you hadn't spotted it,would have been ok for your golf.

Edited by Blounter

I was watching that but I'll be taking my mk3 16v off the road probably to break once I've got this vr6. I had a feeling that the price was v low for a reason & I'd just be stripping the schrick from it to break that too. Firstly what a waste of a car that would be & secondly my missus would actually kill me so I decided to let it get away. I think it's back up with a buy it now of £1,350.

Corrado vr6 in the garage too - out of action as of last Sat when I tried to replace the faulty brake master cylinder with an eBay replacement. I didn't get very far as you can imagine. So 3 non-working cars at the house wouldn't go down well at all even though 1 is temporary.

Yeah I wanted it for the BBS and the schrick and then break the rest.........missus is happy I didn't get it! It was the 2nd time he listed it,first time it went for £1400 but got messed about. I viewed it but he wouldn't reply to emails?! :bonk:

How soon Goldie? I take it it's complete & works etc?

Not fitted to my car, was sold to me by a very reputable member on here. Flap rebuilt by Stealth racing and the associated chip for an ECU although it is for an OBD1. You will need an adaptor plate made up for your throttle body..

Sale imminent...

The lad I bought my VSR off had an adapter plate on it before I got it. It was a while ago but you never know he may still have it - SharpyVR6 I think his name was

Ok well I'm near Stealth who say it's not really a problem to get a vsr to fit. Thanks for the links handy sites to have bookmarked. I'll try to track down sharpy.

Wes it sounds like a schrick would go nicely on your Corrado looking at the spec in your signature. Only you can decide, I'm terrible at making decisions so I feel your pain.

I think I'd probably take either manifold, just depends which is available first!

Yes mine is all complete, can't decide what to do with it!...��

i`ll be in touch

Glad you managed to sort out a plan :)

Yes all sorted easily Jim but thank you again for being in standby for a last minute favour.