mimjed

vr abs removal kit - would there be any interest?

Myself and a couple of friends are doing abs removals on our vr's, including removing factory bias valve. wondering if anybody else may be interested?

It's aimed at 288/312 and mk4 rear set up, but can change fittings to suit others if necessary.

still working out costings (mainly due to braided line length), mine will be the first car with the full kit fitted so i'll be the test monkey, and can make alterations from there.

Kit would consist of 23mm master cylinder from ibiza 16v etc. (redrilled to allow direct fitment).

Reservoir bottle with clutch outlet (can spec used or new).

Race spec rear bias valve.

Complete braided lines from the master cylinder to each caliper (no hard pipes involved).

All fittings ie banjos/unions are from goodridge and will be stainless.

My friend has been making braided kits for motorbikes for over ten years, so no swampy specials!!

and as a side note, there is no need to change brake booster to a vacuum type, stick with whats there already.

weather permitting and with one part i need (electrical connector for brake booster - if anyone wants to help out!!?) i think i should be able to have mine fitted and refinements made in about a month.

Edited by mimjed