Mystic Blue VR

Wanted Corrado VR6

Hi everyone. Used to post on this forum some years ago when I owned a nice Aqua blue VR6 but have had to register again as I've lost my details.

I'm looking for a Corrado VR6. My ideal car would be a Storm in Mystic blue but I will consider any VR6. My only criteria are that it must be in excellent condition with very few mods, sensible mileage & good history.

Incidentally I'm selling an immaculate Porsche 944S2 if anyone is interested? Here's the link http://forums.tipec.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19136

Cheers,

Steve

Welcome back Steve.

That's a really nice S2. My Corrado reminds me of my 944s a bit, must be the driving position? - miss my turbo :)

Good luck with the search and the sale

Hi there, mines up for sale but the mileage might be abit higher than your after although it does have full service history. It has coilovers and a few other mods but i still have the original bits in the garage.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=89408

Hi

Thanks for the reply but I'm looking for something more in the 5-6k range.

Good luck with sale.

Cheers,

Steve

Welcome back Steve.

That's a really nice S2. My Corrado reminds me of my 944s a bit, must be the driving position? - miss my turbo :)

Good luck with the search and the sale

Thanks Andy.

The 944, a good one, is a bit special but just before Christmas I missed a really nice VR6, which made me want one again! I've owned many VW's as daily drivers for over twenty years so I'm a VW man fundamentally. It's been nice owning the 944 but my heart wants a Corrado VR6 again.

Cheers,

Steve

I can understand that. I had an S2, then square dash, then turbo 944 and loved them all - handling is superb and it's a well engineered car - but it lacked the noise of more than four cylinders! lol (So is my Corrado but I plan to do something about that soon!) :thumbleft:

Thanks Andy.

The 944, a good one, is a bit special but just before Christmas I missed a really nice VR6, which made me want one again! I've owned many VW's as daily drivers for over twenty years so I'm a VW man fundamentally. It's been nice owning the 944 but my heart wants a Corrado VR6 again.

Cheers,

Steve

I got nice VR6 auto mystick blue 94, gray leather recaros air-con standard spec. mint condition.

But you will need to book a flight to Poland with Ryanair to see it (SORN since 2011 in our storage)

mileage under 110k

price would be 5-6k range for it.

I got nice VR6 auto mystick blue 94, gray leather recaros air-con standard spec. mint condition.

But you will need to book a flight to Poland with Ryanair to see it (SORN since 2011 in our storage)

mileage under 110k

Mystic Blue? Aqua Blue surely as Mystic Blue was only used on Storms, when it came to the Corrado.

mileage under 110k

Thanks but must be R/H drive & manual.

Think Jim is correct in stating that Mystic blue was only available on the Storm model?

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks but must be R/H drive & manual.

Think Jim is correct in stating that Mystic blue was only available on the Storm model?

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry it is moon light blue, and it is UK spec RHD originaly owned by Reuters Jurnalist Agency. It is only stored in Poland.

but not manual,.

Edited by karmannski

Hi everyone. Used to post on this forum some years ago when I owned a nice Aqua blue VR6 but have had to register again as I've lost my details.

I'm looking for a Corrado VR6. My ideal car would be a Storm in Mystic blue but I will consider any VR6. My only criteria are that it must be in excellent condition with very few mods, sensible mileage & good history.

Incidentally I'm selling an immaculate Porsche 944S2 if anyone is interested? Here's the link http://forums.tipec.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19136

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

I've got a Mystic Blue Storm for sale. Its done 133,000 miles, has a full service history, MOT'd until December 2015. I've owned the car for about 5 years and my sister owned it for about 8 years (I think) before me. I've got a big file full of receipts, old MOTs, etc.

Last year it had new disks all round, all the calipers were reconditioned by BiggRed, new pads, new ABS sensors and rings. I had a new radiator about 2 years ago together with a new crack pipe and an alloy thermostat cap. It had 4 new Toyo Proxes T1R tyres last year (done less than 1,000 miles) and the alloys were powder coated (and new BBS centre caps fitted) about 3 years ago - they're still like new. I stripped down and re-painted both the front radius arms and anti-roll bar and fitted new (rubber) bushes to all the front end (except top mounts which I renewed about 4 years ago).

I fitted some AP coilovers last year (2nd hand) and to be honest they're not very good - the ride height looks great (not too low) but it is a bit crashy over bumps. If I keep the car I will replace these this year.

The paint had faded on the bonnet and I did that last summer - looks great and matches well with the rest of the car.

The interior is like new, I think the back seats have hardly been used. It has good condition carpet mats all round and genuine VW rubber mats which I fit in winter (front only).

Everything works as it should - electric windows, heated seats, air conditioning (was re-gassed a couple of years ago), power steering, electric sunroof, electric mirrors, cd player (original and still has remote - cd players have improved a lot since 1995 though!)

I clean out the rear arches and re-waxoyl them before every winter and there isn't a hint of rust there. I've done the front wings inside the covers as well - a bit OTT but I wanted to make sure there was no rust. The underneath is also good. It hasn't had, and doesn't need, any welding. The car is waxed regularly - I'm a bit anal about keeping the paintwork looking good.

The exhaust is still fine (only recently passed MOT) but I have got a spare (mild steel) system which will go with the car. I bought it 2nd hand when I first got the car as the cover on the centre section looked as though it was on its last legs - 5 years on and its still OK. I fitted a different air filter a few years ago (bit chavvy I know) but it gives the best of both worlds - nice and quiet at low speeds, and a nice growl under hard acceleration. The car drives beautifully smoothly with no knocks or rattles. I always prefer to listen to the engine rather than the cd player/radio.

The only other minus point is that the drivers side front wing needs painting again - it was the first thing I did when I learned to spray paint a few years ago, and now I know I can do it better. It looks OK from 10 feet away, but you can see its flaws on close inspection. There are 2 little car park dings on the passenger side, but you have to look for them.

Overall I'd say its in excellent condition, not concourse, but it gets used everyday so it never will be.

I'm looking for £3,200. I've attached 1 photo below (which shows the front wing that needs re-doing) but I can send you more if you're interested.

I live in N E Derbyshire.

Steve

2014-11-02105947_zpsf6896029.jpg

Deposit taken for 944 today.

Should have cash available for outright purchase of Corrado by next week.

Please see my original post for what I'm after. Mystic Blue Storm please!

Cheers,

That is a mystic blue storm above :lol:

There isn't going to be a massive choice of them about.

Yeah I know Jim, that is a problem! I've PM'd the guy for more details.

I will find a VR6, hopefully a blue Storm, eventually. It's just that I'm that damn fussy but I am prepared to pay good money for the right car.

Hi Steve,

I've got a Mystic Blue Storm for sale. Its done 133,000 miles, has a full service history, MOT'd until December 2015. I've owned the car for about 5 years and my sister owned it for about 8 years (I think) before me. I've got a big file full of receipts, old MOTs, etc.

Last year it had new disks all round, all the calipers were reconditioned by BiggRed, new pads, new ABS sensors and rings. I had a new radiator about 2 years ago together with a new crack pipe and an alloy thermostat cap. It had 4 new Toyo Proxes T1R tyres last year (done less than 1,000 miles) and the alloys were powder coated (and new BBS centre caps fitted) about 3 years ago - they're still like new. I stripped down and re-painted both the front radius arms and anti-roll bar and fitted new (rubber) bushes to all the front end (except top mounts which I renewed about 4 years ago).

I fitted some AP coilovers last year (2nd hand) and to be honest they're not very good - the ride height looks great (not too low) but it is a bit crashy over bumps. If I keep the car I will replace these this year.

The paint had faded on the bonnet and I did that last summer - looks great and matches well with the rest of the car.

The interior is like new, I think the back seats have hardly been used. It has good condition carpet mats all round and genuine VW rubber mats which I fit in winter (front only).

Everything works as it should - electric windows, heated seats, air conditioning (was re-gassed a couple of years ago), power steering, electric sunroof, electric mirrors, cd player (original and still has remote - cd players have improved a lot since 1995 though!)

I clean out the rear arches and re-waxoyl them before every winter and there isn't a hint of rust there. I've done the front wings inside the covers as well - a bit OTT but I wanted to make sure there was no rust. The underneath is also good. It hasn't had, and doesn't need, any welding. The car is waxed regularly - I'm a bit anal about keeping the paintwork looking good.

The exhaust is still fine (only recently passed MOT) but I have got a spare (mild steel) system which will go with the car. I bought it 2nd hand when I first got the car as the cover on the centre section looked as though it was on its last legs - 5 years on and its still OK. I fitted a different air filter a few years ago (bit chavvy I know) but it gives the best of both worlds - nice and quiet at low speeds, and a nice growl under hard acceleration. The car drives beautifully smoothly with no knocks or rattles. I always prefer to listen to the engine rather than the cd player/radio.

The only other minus point is that the drivers side front wing needs painting again - it was the first thing I did when I learned to spray paint a few years ago, and now I know I can do it better. It looks OK from 10 feet away, but you can see its flaws on close inspection. There are 2 little car park dings on the passenger side, but you have to look for them.

Overall I'd say its in excellent condition, not concourse, but it gets used everyday so it never will be.

I'm looking for £3,200. I've attached 1 photo below (which shows the front wing that needs re-doing) but I can send you more if you're interested.

I live in N E Derbyshire.

Steve

2014-11-02105947_zpsf6896029.jpg

Furno.

Did you receive my PM the other day?

Cheers,

Steve

Oh no, gutted for you both - that really sucks!! :(

Yes, bit of a shock but at least I still have my job, home & car! I'm lucky.

Honestly the poor lad was heartbroken. He'd actually transferred me the money but after talking to him I returned it immediately. The least I could do.