Grrrrallye

Any one fitted Vibratechnic engine mounts

As it says really,

I have ordered a set of mounts from Awesome and they have turned up but now I have questions.

The front mount on the VR has a rubber bushing/mount under the front cross member (looks a lot like a strut top mount). The VT front mount fits into the top side of the cross member but the stud off the bottom is not long enough to pass through the lower rubber mount. Is this correct? do I not use the lower rubber or have I been sent the wrong mount?

With regards to the rear mounts, does any one know what numbers I should have? I have one that matches, The other however is a big lump of a thing with the securing bolts set at 30-45 degrees off of horizontal and a shaped section on the top with 3 mounting holes.

Any answers would be appreciated so I can get back on the phone to Awesome to get this sorted.

Thanks

I have a VT front engine mount but it was fitted by stealth so im unsure of how it goes into place.

I went for the front mount only as VT due to reading that using VT all round can create too much cabin vibration

FYI I used OEM for the rear engine mount & gearbox mounts

im sure vince could clear your question up with a quick phone call or maybe Kev Bacon could help you - he has loads of knowledge about engine & gearbox mounts etc

For the front mount, you do not need to use the lower OEM rubber mount. Just the VT mount.

I'm not sure on the rear mount. Maybe a photo would help.