Chuggs1

Central Door Locking

OK - had an new Cat 1 alarm fitted last week and since the fitting the boot lock is not activating with the central door locking (it was before)

Just called them and they are having it in on Thursday to take a look but the guy on the phone said its probably not their fitting but problem with the car as they activate the locking from one point and would not have disconnected the boot in any way.

I suppose there is a chance that this could go wrong at the same time as they did the fit but wanted to get some opinions

Doors all work as does the fuel cap lock

Thanks

OK - had an new Cat 1 alarm fitted last week and since the fitting the boot lock is not activating with the central door locking (it was before)

Just called them and they are having it in on Thursday to take a look but the guy on the phone said its probably not their fitting but problem with the car as they activate the locking from one point and would not have disconnected the boot in any way.

I suppose there is a chance that this could go wrong at the same time as they did the fit but wanted to get some opinions

Doors all work as does the fuel cap lock

Thanks

what alarm is it ?

haven't got the receipt with me so cant tell you the model but its a Cobra - it definitely should control all the locking and does work on doors and fuel cap locking

Well they haven't touched anything re the boot just taken out the old alarm and wiring and fitted a new one - it worked before they took out the old alarm and doesn't now

suppose I will just take it to them and see what they say. Just seems strange that it stopped working on new install?

I think what Jon was getting at, is the lock in the correct key position? I think in one position it remains locked regardless of if the central locking is activated.

I think what Jon was getting at, is the lock in the correct key position? I think in one position it remains locked regardless of if the central locking is activated.

Oh Ok - wil take a look at that - cheers

Jon - sorry you were spot and Sean thanks for pointing out the error of my ways lol. did not know that happened and they must have just used the key in the boot at some point! - So all is working as expected

Thanks again

Indeed at least my blushes can be over the phone tomorrow when I call them to cancel coming back in Thursday lol