Tobz_mw

50 shades of white valver.

Have you checked the inlet manifold for any leaks or if its loose in any way that will draw in excess air? Does it splutter only under load or will it do it if your sitting still and just revving the car?

No cant say I have checked the inlet manifold if I'm honest. Yeah splutters if you just sit there and Rev it but even worse when it's actually under load?

....and thinking further. Given the cambelt was just changed, the inlet, throttle body etc had been removed. I fitted new gaskets on the inlet and sprayed around to check there were no leaks, but maybe something simple like the intake pipe boot hadn't gone on quite right and has now slipped off? I just can't help think that it's going to be something simple Toby, given how much had been checked and replaced previously.

Well just a quick update guys! Cars still not running as it should and just seems to have a mind of its own and doing what it pleases. I have checked the vacuum pipes and had all the intake pipes off and they seem okay? So I'm just going to keep the car and just buy bits as and when and hopefully have it sorted :) must say even though I'm not having much luck with it lately I'm looking forward to getting it sorted through the warmer months and hopefully get out and enjoy the car!

Sorry you've not managed to sort it Toby. I'm well and truly stumped as to what it could be now? Unless the lambda has actually failed, even though the connections are good? As it's not the original you wouldn't expect so, but who knows. Any error codes if you scan the car?

Sorry you've not managed to sort it Toby. I'm well and truly stumped as to what it could be now? Unless the lambda has actually failed, even though the connections are good? As it's not the original you wouldn't expect so, but who knows. Any error codes if you scan the car?

Yeah it is an unusual one! I have had a look at the connection on the lambda and it seems okay. Must say I have scanned it today and it's coming up with fault code 00281-vehicle speed sensor (G63) which wasn't there before so I am assuming that has just failed recently but hopefully that's a step in the right direction :)