Sign in to follow this  
LowG

Porsche 944 intercooler any good??

Hi i found a 944 intercooler for a good price of around £100,which will go in front of my RS4 bumper,how good is the 944 core for a G60 and if anyone got any pics of them fitted on a C would be great. For a custom IC of dimensions 600mm length byt 200mm height and 70mm thicknes i was quoted about £320 but what i was worried was that the core that they will use wont be tested on teh G60 before hand so i dont know how well it will perform. Also if any1 knows does the 944 IC loose any great pressure? thanks in advance :D

E Bay for intercoolers

i got mine 660mm x 165mm x 50mm with alloy end tanks (need a bit of work with the dremel) for cheap money £80 i think it was.

the 944 i believe is a 2.5 turbo 4cyl. my mate used to have one and i think they push about 1.5bar standard so it can handle the boost levels.

yea,the 944 measures 600mm by 140mm by 140mm with 51mm inlet and outlet tubes. Exited that i found 1 and that im not selling my G :D :D

whereare you going to fit that then lowg ?? to wide to fit infront of the rad... heres one i prepared earlier :shock: :p

dscf0071.jpg

whereare you going to fit that then lowg ?? to wide to fit infront of the rad... heres one i prepared earlier :shock: :p

dscf0071.jpg

what IC is that?looks nice :) , I just measured it on my car and i think I have enough space to fit it,remember the 944 is only 140mm thick and with the Rs bumper there is enought space for it,just cant figure out how ill do the pluming :shock:

merc one mate ... have you looked at a gen rs2 one for yours u might be suprised in the cheap price..

hm i dont think they as easy to find as the 944 IC,which core is more efficent the 944 or rs2?

why dont you try the volvo turbo intercooler LowG should fit a treat and with the size of it you would get wicked efficiency. there's one on ebay at the moment for sale pictured below and is only up for £26 so far

First that volvo inteercooler is huge and I dont know how im gonna fit it,second is that i havent heard good things about it,its core isnt very efficient and has bigger pressure loss than other types ie 944. Just being huge dosent mean that its good,is good to a certain point. Plus its end tanks are plastic which comes back to the orginal g60 ic dilemma. I know they really cheap but i dont wanna put somethig there that will casue porblems or wont perform well. With my new RS1 charger i wanna push some decent poneys so im thinking 944 ic or soemthing in that league as 944 intercooelr is said to be good for 400hp,still better than the custom ic which they quoted me £320 :mad: but we will see...