Dave9234

Hello I've been into corrado's for a few years now and bought my 1.8 16v in grey 2 years ago, it's been an up hill struggle, and have been a member of the corradoclub UK since owning the car, also as of today my fuel metering head has died dose any one know where to get a new one? I've tried the common places

Have a look in the breaking section on here. There have been a few early valvers being broken recently so you'll probably find a good second hand one from there. Not a chance of getting a new one though I bet!

Ah thank you I will check them out, and Nope not a chance, I've hit forums rang vw and asked them to contact the German branch and they all came back with nothing, trying bosch at the moment, I guess this is the joys of having a 24 year old car as a daily :)

I'm wondering what's gone wrong to make you think it's the metering head that's at fault. When I first bought my valver it let me down as the metering head must have been sticking. I worked out that foot to the floor cranking would get her started and ran it like this for a while. I purchased a badly advertised airbox and metering head from Ebay (£1 + £10 P&P) and swapped it the week before I was due to drive from Yorkshire to Southampton. The £1 metering head turned out to be a bargain as no more start problems and runs like a dream.

The above may not help you, unless you've got a sticky metering head. But get yourself on Ebay or put a want add on here, I'm sure someone would help.