KeVR

Ohh well here's the start

Out with family tonight trying to get the missus convinced that she should love the VR, came out of nandos gets in the car turns key and "nothing", lifts bonnet checks around for a loose connection "nothing"...

Kids start moaning, wife starts kicking off "we never had this issue with the old car" blah blah blah...

So needless to say the AA recovered us and the car now sits in the garage awaiting inspection as I'm at work in the morning..

Came on here for a browse and behold after finding an add in the for sale section for a heater assy, as I need one for my new acquisition I notice it's the previous keeper selling it.

Search a little further and the car suffers intermittent issues with starter motor "hit and miss".. Now I know, I might just be able to do something about it before the missus gets stuck somewhere with the kids..

Now something as trivial as this makes me wonder what else is gonna bite me in the arse...

Ah, the joys of Corrado ownership...lol

Could be worse mate, I was pulling the engine out of mine after a few months of ownership, luckily the knocking from the bottom end drowned out most of the whining from the passenger seat...lol..

I think I might have a starter motor in my stash of spares, let me know if you need one.

Rog.

Wondering if it's the infamous ignition switch problem again too.

Kids start moaning, wife starts kicking off "we never had this issue with the old car" blah blah blah...

Non-car people do come out with some funny things. A purchase of something like a Corrado isn't driven by the head (like you might buy a new tumble drier) - it's for other reasons. I hope they can learn to understand that a 20 year old car may not always be the most dependable proposition! :)

Believe me she understands, for the last 27yr I have owned a classic of somesort, currently own a mk2, T4 camper and the new Rado.

I usually have a modern motor as a daily and she forgives the misshaps that modern classics come with.

Plan now to sell the mk2 to make way for a daily and keep the VR for those days out in the sun.