Mystic Blue VR

First pics of Storm

Chuggs ...... Divina is the make of the after market airco. Air co was never a option. It was after market. I had mine fitted at a porker dealer in the mid 90's

Tidy storm...

Edited by delfinis38

Chuggs ...... Divina is the make of the after market airco. Air co was never a option. It was after market. I had mine fitted at a porker dealer in the mid 90's

As you say it's an aftermarket, (VW dealer?) fit. Not sure why the switches are where they are but everything works. In fact the ABS has been a little temperamental. Possibly through lack of use or corroded ABS rings? On the 'to do' list.

Ah enlightenment again.... My abs is on left like that

Funny you should say that but I was sure my last VR6 had the ABS to the left of the steering wheel & thought they were all like that?

My abs light also plays up... Comes on intermittently ... Although does not seem to affect the abs itself as still seems to work

First check is sensors... Common fault... If you don't have vagcom you can put a volt metre across the terminal and check resistance.... Check all 4 if you have three within tolerance and one way off that's you answer.

This is interesting, on mine (which was LHD), on the left i had headlamps and panel rheostat and and then on the right i had the heated seat buttons, the air con (which was factory fit) was underneath the ventilation knob. That aftermarket air con would not have come cheap.....

First check is sensors... Common fault... If you don't have vagcom you can put a volt metre across the terminal and check resistance.... Check all 4 if you have three within tolerance and one way off that's you answer.

Brilliant! Thanks for that. It's going in for some work soon & a vagcom scan was on the list. I know from the history i got with the car some, not all the sensors have been replaced, so I think you could be spot on.

Still got mine paid £135 for the up grade... They sound rubbish these days... I took mine out years ago.

Agreed, they don't sound that good now, but was going to keep the head unit for originality. I don't know. I've got a spare new JVC unit I could fit if the mood takes me.

Alpine in mine. Looks like it was a late 90s early 000s upgrade. Very glad too as sounds ace. That said don't have it on much as keep listening to the engine lol

It's done 134,000 & it's worn quite well I think. 4 previous owners with good history. Not a lot of choice when it comes to Mystic Blue Storms so some compromises had to be made. Drives well, just the coilovers spoiling it for me. The other plus point is I got some good spares with the car. Two new roof trims, a spare (used but vgc) genuine exhaust & a box of various other goodies.

The front end is going in for paint. it's not that bad & perfectly useable as it is but there is the start of some corrosion on the front arches so I want it done before any further deterioration. Also the nearside wing needs realigning. Not serious, just me being picky! once that's done it should be quite tidy.

Alpine in mine. Looks like it was a late 90s early 000s upgrade. Very glad too as sounds ace. That said don't have it on much as keep listening to the engine lol

Chuggs. Of course your bang on!

Quick update.

Car in body shop, in bits!

Front wings & bonnet had to be taken back to bare metal & pleasingly all are pretty much rust free. Phew! N/S front arch has had a small ding hence some filler there & rear N/S C piller had small ding that could not be removed so had to be filled. Wheel arch liners removed for thorough check, cleaned & all new, genuine, arch fixings purchased for refitting. New Hella wing indicators too. Front & rear bumpers removed & stripped right back. All sound. Side mouldings removed, renovated prior to refitting. Side windows out next week then both sides of car prep'd for paint. I'm very pleased to report that following rear bumper removal the rear arches are very good. Just one very small area with minor rust on N/S arch.The whole car, except roof, tailgate & rear panel being painted. The rest, once polished will be very good.

I took a bit of a gamble buying the car & it's only once bits are removed you can truly see what you have. It could have been a lot worse!

Here's a few pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81281[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]81282[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]81283[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]81284[/ATTACH]

Nothing like a nice bit of post bodyshop bling. Looking forward to this.

Also, how is the ride with your Sachs dampers & -30mm H&R springs as opposed to OEM?

Nothing like a nice bit of post bodyshop bling. Looking forward to this.

Also, how is the ride with your Sachs dampers & -30mm H&R springs as opposed to OEM?

Springs & dampers not on yet, that's phase 4. Next, off to my detailing man. Then full service & mechanical assessment by a mate of mine. Ex VW Master Tech with 21 years experience. Then suspension overhaul. Do mechanical jobs in order of importance whilst, hopefully, using & enjoying the car during the Summer.

At the end of the Summer I'm taking the car to a well known lad on here to exchange the dash as it has a number of unsightly holes from mobile phone kits. Heater matrix on the 'to do' list too.

A few pics of some bits I've collected to go on the car.

The roof trims & original exhaust came with he car! The expansion tank came from my local VW dealer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81301[/ATTACH]

New Sachs dampers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81302[/ATTACH]

Various suspension parts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81303[/ATTACH]

H&R springs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81304[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]81305[/ATTACH]

Roof trims & expansion tank

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81306[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]81307[/ATTACH]

Service parts & original exhaust

Edited by Mystic Blue VR

Popped into the bodyshop today to see progress. Both complete wings & sills taken back to bare metal. All good. :thumbleft: Forgot camera. Not good!

Renovated door trims with Forever Black & sealed with Collinite No. 845. I think they've come up rater well. [ATTACH=CONFIG]81327[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]81328[/ATTACH]

Also decided to paint number plate light surround as not perfect due to rust from screws. Will replace with stainless when refitting.