G_Dub

2.0 16v Moonlight Blue Corrado 1992 - 89, 409 miles - SOLD

2.0 16v Moonlight Blue Corrado 1992 - 89, 409 miles

Here is my 2.0 16v Corrado registered 1992 - J reg. I bought this car in 2010 and used it daily for a short commute to work. The car does not currently have an MOT (last MOT expired May 2013). It has some service history and I gave it a mini service shortly before taking it off the road (air filter, oil filter, spark plugs, oil change, new gearbox oil). It's in good condition considering it's a 23 year old car, no major dings or dents (that I'm aware of). It does have some minor surface scratches as can probably be seen in the pictures. It has a few small mods but nothing major. The exhaust back box was blowing in 2011 so I got it replaced with a stainless steel one from Powerflow. Again on the exhaust there was some blowing from near the cat pipe so I got the cat removed and a de-cat pipe fitted (car will come with original cat seperately as I still have it). It has had the standard headlight modification making the headlights brighter. It has the Lupo wiper mod which is a must! Inside it has a leather stitched gear gaitor, handbrake surround and rather nifty replacement gear knob that lights up in blue. It also has a volkswagen two cup drinks holder that I colour matched on the passenger side footwell. Mechanically it should be fine. I've got all the paperwork for anything it's had done. I tested everything yesterday and it all seems to be working fine. Both electric windows still work, electric tilt/slide sunroof works fine. Spoiler raises and lowers on the button (no reason to think it won't still raise at about 44mph like it always used to). Headlights, indicators, brake lights, wipers, blower all working fine. The tyres have plenty of tread on them. The car has a Clifford Thatcham approved alarm and I have all the fobs and all the keys. I just replaced the front passenger side suspension strut and top mount with brand new ones.

That's all the good points. The not so good points are that it currently has a battery drain issue. I've done a few tests with the multimeter using guidance from the forum but can't figure out what the problem is. At the moment if you leave the car for more than a day with running it the battery has drained enough to not start the car. If you're handy with car electrics you could no doubt figure this one out with a bit of enquiry work. Or a car sparky would be able to sort it relatively cheaply. The car probably needs new brake pads all round. There is some surface rust on all of the discs because it's been sat. The rear bump stops have split. I have got new ones which will come with the car but I never got around to fitting them. Car also comes with brand new ignition switch, again that I never got around to fitting. The car has no stereo or front speakers as these were taken out to put into another vehicle. Sorry about internal pics, I will give it a good vac before collection!

List Date: 3/29/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2.0 16v Moonlight Blue Corrado 1992 - 89, 409 miles

--------------------------------------

SOLD

browseformore.png

--------------------------------------

the-corrado-forum

ypsHqHt0G8Vu.JPG

2h26mcQvZK2V.JPG

TPedcpxrHs1A.JPG

5CUBngsZzs84.JPG

7dcTAeM8BJJS.JPG

wVZtCW5chpSM.JPG

hx8XUBRhRS6p.JPG