Sign in to follow this  
swfblade

Power output from R1 conversion

not a lot... :|

Just flowing the charger won't actually give much effect until coupled with the chip/ pulley/ injectors/ FPR... add those, and you'll get a nice increase...

thnx m8

ok, so whats the power differnce (when the rest is done) between a stage 4 and an R1? is it worth the extra 100 or so quid?

thnx m8

ok, so whats the power differnce (when the rest is done) between a stage 4 and an R1? is it worth the extra 100 or so quid?

what you also have to bear in mind is that with our "big" chargers we also include the rs outlet kit into the price. add this to a s4 and work out the differance..

yeah, i see your point, i just wondered if the bhp gain between an S4 and an R1 is worth the £100? I mean, if for example when the other bits were on as well as an S4 and it gave (for arguments sake) 40bhp over standard, and an R1 gave 50bhp, is that extra 10 really worth £100? Where as if it gave 60+bhp then 20+bhp over an S4 would deffo be worth the £100. Am i explaining that right?

Im sure you get wot i mean.

not talking chargers here but

if ur gonna spend say £500 on something that you might want to do better in the future, is it not cost effective ( as well as BHP effective)so do one thing at once and do the best you can afford and put other things on hold for now??

depends on how long your gonna keep your car what you wanna do to it and what you expect from it!

personally, my feelings are get the best you can, after shopping around of course and it will benefit you in the long run.

anyway i always want what i cant afford but its just a case of what your willing to put into it... and all boys (an` girls love toys, dont we??) :oops:

You ask a question that i hear from some of my customers, and this is what i tell them. Tuning a car is all about a ballanced package of components working in harmony together, not individual items. The German's produce great packages that are well ballanced for the use to which they are intended. If you want to keep this ballance but at the same time improve BHP and torque it comes at a price. To look for the BHP advantages from just one component investment is, with all due respect, the response of an accountant. I understand that all of us have a budjet to spend, so all the more important to investigate the right ballanced package for your needs. If you do your homework right you will get the results you desire within the budjet. At the moment you have a stage four charger, if you want to improve upon this you not only have to do the charger but all the other components around it to keep the ballance and see the benifits of the increase in charger capability.