karmannski

WTB De cat for 16V 9a rado

I was thinking to do it that way but then I won't have one for the mot's. Any way can you advice what is the easiest way to convert my cat to the de cat? Never did it b4

I would by a spare cat if modifying one into a decat. Cut it, remove the precious contents and weld.

Then sell the good stuff to a metal scrap man.

What year's your valver? Mines a 92 and hasn't had a cat during my ownership and still passes the MOT. :cool:

Then butchering a cat is probably best so it at least looks like you have a cat fitted or it will fail the MOT. Cars earlier than August 92 (mines a Jan 92 car) can legally remove the cat.

I assume your after some more go go and personally I'd not bother with the hassle of the decat unless you can be bothered grovelling under the car every year to change prior to MOT.

What you need is some KR or more exotic cams to make her breath better.

I'm about to fit abf cams and kr inlet flow too

You may want to chip it too. I got good results from an ebay chip (bit more eager)

And how does it affect fuel consumption once fitted? Same or higher?

Same or maybe a little higher. My 12 mile commute includes moor roads where the car can be opened up and then some often nose to tale traffic and I'm seeing 33mpg most days. Before chipping it was below 30. Recent trundle to the lake district resulted in 40 mpg.