Sign in to follow this  
smiff

Warm air return hose?

Now I've got my car back from Grants, I'm having a good look under the bonnet. Can anyone tell me where the warm air return hose normally goes to? Normally it runs from the rear bottom end of the air box to? Do I need it?-Does it normally fit to the manifold, maybe my new manifold has no place for it?

While I'm here I might as well have a rant!!! None of the airbox clips where locked closed! The earth wire from the coil to the head is hanging loose! And to top it all there is a nasty grinding/knocking noise when pulling away, probably the new manifold or exhaust hitting something.....it was not like this before!

You are probably right about the manifold, on the original there is a tin shroud which the hose connects too. If you have a tubular one then you probablt don't have this.

Sounds like your not too impressed, hope you can sort the grinding noise out without too much grief.

I look forward to reading about how it goes when you have put a few miles on it.

Cheers Phil,

Just fitted a new water pump pulley, it was worn and because it is a slave to the other pulleys it was making a bit of noise. Still got a loud knocking sound on acceleration, can't see until its jacked up! Hopefully will have it fixed next week. Also looks like I need to adjust the throttle body micro switch. But thats enough for today, need beer and female company.......going down the pub now!