unomatt

Fitting universal remote central locking

Afternoon all, bought an ebay special universal remote central locking kit but the instructions for fitting may as well be written in Egyptian for all the sense I can make of them. Does anyone have a pictorial guide? Should I be splicing into the unit behind the drivers side rear seat door card? Any help would be amazing!

When I fitted mine, I removed the original vacuum system, and fitted the actuators supplied in the kit. However, the kit you bought might only be the remote locking part, and if thats the case yes you need to splice into the drivers door actuator, and fit box under dash also splicing into the hazard wiring if I remember correctly.

Do you have a pic of the kit or instructions? I remember mine wasn't written very well, but managed to make sense of it.

I remember a mate destroying the CL pump on his MK2 trying to wire up the remote, once the pump was replaced he was advised to use a mechanical actuator and attach it to the pull knob rod on the drivers side to keep the systems electrically separate, the switches in the pneumatic actuators fire the pump into life and lock all doors.

EDIT, ignore this, pulling down the knob doesn't lock the doors on the Corrado

Edited by Dox

i installed "right click" remote kit, all i had to do was tap into the wires behind rear drivers side door card they are all there, i used a diy guide i found vw vortex site to locate the wires, FYI iv only wired it in to lock and unlock and it was a case of connecting it to live,earth and i belive two more wires one that locks and one that unlocks, cant remember exactly but you dont need to remove any door actuators or vacuum system with this kit, have a search on vortex site and you should see the page ,

thats good^! really like how he ends up using oem key fob casing, looking back i wish i had put mine in the boot and not behind the door card where i cant get easy access to it should i need it..

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've had another look at all this, gonna have a go today. I think I have found some information regarding what the wires on the RCL unit are for but there are 3 earths, would I need to earth them to the car shell or attach them together with the earth on the wiring? The information I got for what each wire is is attached. http://s10.photobucket.com/user/muckingfuppet/media/tech_guides/667fd85d.png.html

its up to you both ways will achieve the same goal, i guess it would be neater splicing into the earth wire on that loom rather then running a wire off,

AARRGGHH!!! I hate wiring! I have followed both guides and it will not work!!! The unit powers up but it will not lock or unlock, I know the pump is ok as it works at the door. Tried different wires incase I made a mistake but nothing! Any ideas? It surely can't be this hard to attach 4 wires!!

how do you mean it works at the door ? {lol never mind me being slow} , i initially tested mine out of the car by hooking up live and earth to a car battery then get a 12v bulb ( or a multimeter) on the suspected lock wire and another wire from bulb back to - on battery, then press lock on the fob , bulb should light up briefly for a second, do same for unlock wire if you cant get voltage from them two wires by pressing unlock/lock then its never going to work in the car, P.s test the bulb works first by hooking that to battery first, , previous to my rightclick kit i had some random locking kit and in any scenario both lock and unlock wouldn't work, so its possible yours doesn't

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

I sorted it!!!! Turns out the 'earths' should have been lives, it now works, yay! Thanks for the help guys, I can finally lock my car for the first time in about 3 months!!

I sorted it!!!! Turns out the 'earths' should have been lives, it now works, yay! Thanks for the help guys, I can finally lock my car for the first time in about 3 months!!

so can you plse give an update mate on what you finally did. this is with particular reference to the picture/table you attached abt colour codes on car, rcl and what they are for. If it turned out the wires you thought were earths are actually positive , then the diagram you posted is now misleading , isnt it??

Anyone used the rightclick ones?

yea thats the one i have, Im not sure what to say about them really, install was good and worked straight away no hassel, how ever! a few weeks back i noticed that my locking wasnt working anymore, baring in mind this isnt a car i use every day and its been locked in my ownership for about 50hrs as its always locked away in my shed, i checked fuse and earths and lives and relevant lock/unlock wires and there good! hard soldered aswell, the LED light on the fob flashs blue when you press any buttons and that was still lighting up but i guess the batterys could have been flat enough? Messaged rightclick through there tech support page telling them of my problem and asking what size batterys the fobs take as i want to replace them, i got this reply....

"You have some loose connections some where!!!

nearly 99.9% of all problems is loose connections or bad contacts,,, you need to solder wires and not use the RED PLUGS,,, they are fine for some connections but in general they are not good to use for a long time or they have not been pressed properly,,,

*** because the system worked!,,, then it will work for ever... unless there is wires-connections-problem "

feeling pretty p155ed off as i told them i soldered them and that the fob isnt communicating with the unit at all! and they still didnt tell me what batterys i needed , i stripped fob , got new battery , fitted , followed the learn procedure with no success! i brought another rightclick kit the exact same one, i then directly swapped over the main unit as the wiring is identical so it just plugs straight in to what i already have installed , press lock on the new fob and BAM! it works! messaged them again telling them this and they send that exact copy and paste message from above! f-kn a55 holes with no real customer support! anyway i think there may have been a problem with the old fobs as these ones have different internal design to the old one i had , they do work but for how long i dont actually know,

btw i originally fitted it about 3years ago but it has had very little use and i mean very little!

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

yea thats the one i have, Im not sure what to say about them really, install was good and worked straight away no hassel, how ever! a few weeks back i noticed that my locking wasnt working anymore, baring in mind this isnt a car i use every day and its been locked in my ownership for about 50hrs as its always locked away in my shed, i checked fuse and earths and lives and relevant lock/unlock wires and there good! hard soldered aswell, the LED light on the fob flashs blue when you press any buttons and that was still lighting up but i guess the batterys could have been flat enough? Messaged rightclick through there tech support page telling them of my problem and asking what size batterys the fobs take as i want to replace them, i got this reply....

"You have some loose connections some where!!!

nearly 99.9% of all problems is loose connections or bad contacts,,, you need to solder wires and not use the RED PLUGS,,, they are fine for some connections but in general they are not good to use for a long time or they have not been pressed properly,,,

*** because the system worked!,,, then it will work for ever... unless there is wires-connections-problem "

feeling pretty p155ed off as i told them i soldered them and that the fob isnt communicating with the unit at all! and they still didnt tell me what batterys i needed , i stripped fob , got new battery , fitted , followed the learn procedure with no success! i brought another rightclick kit the exact same one, i then directly swapped over the main unit as the wiring is identical so it just plugs straight in to what i already have installed , press lock on the new fob and BAM! it works! messaged them again telling them this and they send that exact copy and paste message from above! f-kn a55 holes with no real customer support! anyway i think there may have been a problem with the old fobs as these ones have different internal design to the old one i had , they do work but for how long i dont actually know,

btw i originally fitted it about 3years ago but it has had very little use and i mean very little!

Perfect cheers for that did you get the AH flip key cut?

Also which one did you buy?

http://www.rclick.co.uk/index.php?cPath=50

As the top two look identical and the bottom one apparently work with VW's too.

Edited by Jon_vr6

this is the exact model i originally had, i ordered this exact one again http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Remote-Keyless-Entry-for-car-central-lock-KE669W-ULT-/360621012598?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53f6aff676 however im pretty certain they sent me the second one down on your link ke669HC pretty certain its updated version and they havnt updated ebay with it, yea AH blanks, i already had mine so just swapped blades over.

I want to know what the difference between the top two is as the description they look identical?

Would that plug and play one at the bottom work?

yea i know what you mean ,they all seem to have the same specs, the bottom one does say it fits corrado so should be ok, maybe message them for differences, took 3 days to reply to me tho,

Just looked at reviews of the plug and play one and a usa corrado owner says it doesnt fit his.

Got the plug and play off rightclick. Fitted it before and works a treat. Just need to wire in indicators, mount the control box, get keys cut and jobs a good un.

i've just fitted another one of these sets to my current rado, very easy to do, here is how to wire if anyone needs it:

Corrado Loom - Remote Control Loom

Lock Red/yellow - White

Unlock Red/Black - White/Black

Positive supply Red - Yellow AND Yellow/Black AND Red

Indicator Black/Green - Brown

Indicator Black/White - Brown

Ground Brown - Black

HTH, great and easy mod for the £25 ish the kit costs...

I need to fit one of these as just removed the standard alarm system, which i guess means no more auto closure or remote locking.