lynxmania

G60 engine problem?

Hi all,

I have a G60 from 1991 with only 90000 km (55900 miles) on it.

The issue I have:

Sometimes when I start the engine (cold or hot doesn't matter) the rpm is dancing a few times (2 - 3 times) between 0 and 2000 and then goes to about 950 rpm.

But what the rpm always does is dancing a little bit around 950 rpm. You can also hear the dancing by the sound of the engine.

Any idea's?

Thank you

Hi all,

Problem fixed. On another forum somebody has cleaned the part that controls the idle running of the engine. I cleaned it and the engine runs great!

Hi all,

Problem fixed. On another forum somebody has cleaned the part that controls the idle running of the engine. I cleaned it and the engine runs great!

Just out of interest what part is that, so other people with similar problem can fix it to

This is the part: [ATTACH=CONFIG]81545[/ATTACH]

It's called: idle control valve

Take the part out and clean it with white-spirit. Just put the white-spirit in the part, close the holes with your fingers and shake it a few times. Repeat untill the white-spirit stays clean. Let the idle control valve dry and spray some teflon in it. That's it!