Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Rolling Road clearance (spoiler height)

I'll be attending the rolling road day this sunday. Whats the minimum height you need betwwen spoiler and road to fit on Stealths rolling road???

Currently I have 85mm

I had to remove my bumper at the rollers in Runcorn when I got the car mapped... and it's only lowered 35mm with an RS style bumper on it... :? Think I may be putting the original bumper back on and running spoiler-less... ;)

chris CORRADO you're going to have fun with that much ground clearance................here's how struan aka BigeastsidescotcorradoG60unit got on to the rollers last year at Star-Performance :roll:

i think CHRIS CORRADO is cheating a bit only a bit mind :wink: car is parked on the flat tarmac where the lil steps are slightly higer so car looks lower am i wrong :oops:

Ive got about 90mm on 17s if this is a competition? have i won anything? apart from a broken spoiler and shredded tyres!!

I was parked next to Chris at inters :mrgreen:

Ive got about 90mm on 17s if this is a competition? have i won anything? apart from a broken spoiler and shredded tyres!!

I was parked next to Chris at inters :mrgreen:

myns lowered abt 100mm on the front... :p

so, lots of boasting on how low you have gone......but the question was how low before you cant get on the rollers!

Thanks to those that have stayed on subject.

your best bet is to give Vince a call down at stealth and ask him.... ;) :roll: :lol:

I'll bet that he knows exactly what clearance is needed for his rollers... ;)

Plan Henny, just called ......125mm....how much! thats nearly a land rover. Looks like I wil be taking the jack and c spanners on sunday then!!!

PMSL @ nearly a land rover! :lol: 8)

it's quicker to take the front bumper off and it doesn't mess up your ride either :D (4 bolts and 5 wiring plugs ;) )

I'll be bringing my socket set and a trolley jack as well if I can get the car ready by Sunday just in case I have a mad half hour and stick her on the rollers if there's a space free... ;) 8)

I've got headlamp washers too, not sure how the pipes are routed for those, I'll have a looksey tonight to see if they are easy to diconnect.

Mine's been lowered 35mm and it gets on Stealth's rollers OK with a bit to spare, dunno what that is in terms of spoiler clearance tho. I've got the 90mm spoiler btw. I'd say if you're 50mm or lower + 90mm spoiler, you'll struggle.

Not sure exactly how far mine is lowered (approx 3-4 inches) but I've tried to get it onto a r/r - no chance at all :?

Spoiler isn't the problem - ripped that off in MacDonalds car park around 6 months ago. It's the front subframe that's too low.

Need a re-map & some other stuff, so I wouldn't be going on the rollers anyway. Gonna have to raise my suspension to get the map done :(

Just checked and my spoiler is 125mm (-35mm lowering) off the ground and gets on the rollers OK, so Brookesy, you won't get on them with 85mm clearance.

You might drive up the wooden ramps OK, but when the roller wheels are dropped down, your spoiler will catch the surrounding dyno frame.

I spoke to stealth as im booked in end of july and they said its not so much of a problem when you have 17in wheels as you have a bigger rolling radius but if you have coilovers,its worth winding them up a bit or at least make sure they are still adjustable as stealth will do it for you at extra cost.Good luck!