Dan1987

New Corrado 16v owner running issues help

Hi all just bought a real clean Corrado 16v never had one before but had many mk2 golfs etc

The car looks great but in having some running issues

It's running very rich

There's nothing there at all unless you plant your fit and let revs build pulls after about 3k

Lumpy and rough running and idle unless foot planted

Any ideas

Thanks

Edited by Dan1987

Best I can describe it is on idle its like been in the pits at drag racing with the v8s chugging that's how its running and sounds at idle

Mine is doing the same, gunna clean the icv one evening and see if that makes it better, i did a run down to apex festival in kent last weekend and averaged 21.9mpg at 60-65mph! Hurt the wallet a bit lol

Fifth injector can over fuel it, throttle potentiometer possibly, idle control valve, the 2 very small hoses that run from throttle body rubber to air box area (I think, it's been a while).

Running/idling issues on the 2.0 16v have been discussed a lot over the years, the search is your friend:)

Here you go for a wee start

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=35823&highlight=Kangaroo

The car seems to idle fine and drive ok for first few mins from cold like while on auto choke ? , and how can I be sure on timing

Hmm... that sounds like it could be the lambda probe? Is it a 1.8 or 2.0 16v?

Is the 5th injector plug plugged in? If faulty it can keep fueling, mine was unplugged on my old valver for that reason and it never caused any problems leaving it like that

Ok so 5th injector is plugged in and unplugging that or the icv whilst running makes no differance at all

Best to use a photo site like photobucket, you can upload them to there then that gives you the option of a few links to the picture. You choose the last link and copy and paste it in and the photo appears, that's what I do anyway.

There is a way to do it using the forum but you'd need to resize your images first