Jim

Reversing my cynicism about VW Classic Parts

I have to say when they setup VW classic parts I wasn't sure VW's heart was really in it longer term. But checking the site infrequently, I'm always quite surprised at how many new parts are being added all the time. Starting to wonder if VW are really taking this seriously and are going to make a real effort to keep up with the likes of BMW/Merc to help keep our old cars on the road?

I have to say when they setup VW classic parts I wasn't sure VW's heart was really in it longer term. But checking the site infrequently, I'm always quite surprised at how many new parts are being added all the time. Starting to wonder if VW are really taking this seriously and are going to make a real effort to keep up with the likes of BMW/Merc to help keep our old cars on the road?

is that classicparts.de you refer to Jim?

i was pleased to find an outer sill repair section, among others, & the ordering experience was enhanced thanks to anna & VW heritage & their free delivery

Yep. I mean the whole scheme in general as obviously Heritage are agents for VW Classic Parts in the UK.

Yep. I mean the whole scheme in general as obviously Heritage are agents for VW Classic Parts in the UK.

i see & yes i agree it does seem encouraging

my only gripe is that their prices do seem to be rather errm, well, inflated

Yeah it's strange. Going through the catalogue, some stuff you think is surprisingly cheap - and some stuff you think HOW MUCH?!

Yeah it's strange. Going through the catalogue, some stuff you think is surprisingly cheap - and some stuff you think HOW MUCH?!

ha ha ha indeed m8!!

& then you literally fall off your chair when you ask them for a quote as the delivery charges are phenomenal

with the sill repair panel i mentioned the carriage was TRIPLE the cost of the part lol

i felt very lucky to have a contact from heritage on here as they got it for me & i paid zero delivery, as my order was above their FOC threshold :D

How much was the sill repair section?

hi m8

ive found the reply from anna about the section, copied below for you:

C535-809-848 comes up at £39.87 plus VAT. Clasic parts take 2-3 weeks to come in from point of order as we order a large batch at a time each week, that includes being booked in here. As long as your order totals over 35 its free delivery.

Ah right, thanks. Ive got two genuine ones in my spares bits and just wondered as I thought they were obsolete.

Ah right, thanks. Ive got two genuine ones in my spares bits and just wondered as I thought they were obsolete.

no problem

I got these from there, Through Anna

20150308_163635.jpg

20150308_163627.jpg

Only cost about £80-90 for the pair delivered, was real chuffed.

My problem is the way we have it implemented in this country, go to the states and Germany and you order the parts through the dealer network - no extra postage or a middle man to pay for yet we ended up with a third party as VW UK don't give a chuff.

However it is good to see the option at least even if it is a means to offload old parts and make some cash for VW whilst seeming to do the 'right' thing.