SR_Neale

Central locking only works passenger side

Hope someone can help. The central locking doesn't work when I lock the door at the drivers side but when I do it at the passengers door both doors and boot lock / unlock. It has had some scum bag try to break into it using the same trick that is common on golfs but all they did was make a mess of the metal around the handal. This happened before I got the car and previous owner had used an armoured plate to cover damage so handal didn't fit properly this has now been fixed but still no joy with central locking. Any help would be appreciated.its a 91 g60 if that makes any difference or are all models using same system.

Edited by SR_Neale

its been awhile since i played with these handles but iirc theres wiring that goes to the handle itself im guessing either the handle's skrewed as its obviously been messed with or the wiring to it is damaged, my passenger side wiring was damaged due to it not being secured properly and every time the window went down it would chop/hit the wiring, remove your driver side door card and locate the wiring for it and make sure its all good if not then get a new handle ,

here in this pic you can see the wiring for the handle

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-N-S-PASSENGER-DOOR-HANDLE-AND-KEY-/351396577869?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51d0de424d

OH p.s if you decide to renew your handle its held in with 1 phillips skrew on the side edge of the door shut, i think its the drivers side that is left hand thread! cant remember exactly, but just be aware of it..

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Took the door handal out when I did the repair and although the wires were attached the plastic coating had come away so guess its a new one then. That'll please the wife. You are right left hand thread on drivers side. Cheers for the help.