sexybourbon

Advice on portable speakers

So im going to have alot of work to do in the new house and want to buy a speaker i can move around with me while i work ! My dads got a nice bose thing that sounds pretty good

I wamt something thats going to be able to get cranked up at times and not distort at the first sound of a bassline

What can people reccomend , i cant go over the top with the price range so please bear that in mind when telling me theres a great system but its gonna cost me grand

So im going to have alot of work to do in the new house and want to buy a speaker i can move around with me while i work ! My dads got a nice bose thing that sounds pretty good

I wamt something thats going to be able to get cranked up at times and not distort at the first sound of a bassline

What can people reccomend , i cant go over the top with the price range so please bear that in mind when telling me theres a great system but its gonna cost me grand

discount a bose system them m8 lol

my friend is a chippy & he has a something similar to this http://www.powertoolworld.co.uk/makita-dmr106-bluetooth-job-site-radio.html?gclid=CNTh4YLl9cUCFWKWtAodMw0AUw

i was impressed with the sound output & quality for a fairly small unit but then he has a brick type bluetooth speaker which was pretty good too but i cant find that one sorry

Cheers for that , not quite big enough i dont think though

Iv kind of chosen a few out of a big bunchthats on the market , one is the logitec eu air and the other is a set of independant wireless wharfdale speakers , not sure wich to pic yet ? Any others on the market i could be looking at

Cheers for that , not quite big enough i dont think though

Iv kind of chosen a few out of a big bunchthats on the market , one is the logitec eu air and the other is a set of independant wireless wharfdale speakers , not sure wich to pic yet ? Any others on the market i could be looking at

what about that sonos thing i keep seeing advertised?

ive not seen or heard one mind

Good shout on the sonus one ill have a look

Iv just spoken to richersound on my dinner and im going to go look what they have there , we have already kind of decided that the wharfdale stuff isnt what we need but he has said hes got some cambridge audio stuff in

cambridge audio are quality

wharfdale are ok but to be honest they don't live up to the price

I know that Mordaunt-Short speakers are superb as my parents have had some for many a year

but I don't know if they do any portable stuff

I guess it will come down to cost & level of portable you want

you could for example have a static amp/ipod dock/Bluetooth receiver kind of setup but then have speakers in different rooms that link in to them (a bit like the sonos setup I guess)

or fully portable in terms of a battery powered docking station

good luck in richersounds, I know I would end up walking out of there having being seriously shorted in the pocket lol