Grrrrallye

VR6 Radiator hoses

Does anyone have any Rad hoses for a VR6 kicking about? My origionals went to Forge to be patterned but something has gone wrong and my new silicone hoses don't fit.

So I'm looking for another set to send back to forge and possibly a second set to get me up and running in the mean time.

Thanks

Did you know about Roose Motorsport? They already patterned up the VR6 hoses from a group buy on here a couple of years ago..

Did you know about Roose Motorsport? They already patterned up the VR6 hoses from a group buy on here a couple of years ago..

I was going to say that too Jim but on the other thread he has put info on it sounds like forge were specifically making him a set & as such a bit too far down the road to go to another supplier (unless he can get a refund because they are not right)

At the time I didn't know about the Roose ones and was not as active on the forum.

I asked Forge at Inters last year and they asked for mine to pattern in exchange for a set.

The deal was done and last September/October I was sent my set. Due to set backs here and there, I only refitted the rad last week and then found that these 2 hoses didn't fit.

Forge had said that they were a match for the MK3 VR6 and have sent me a set of them - however I now know this to be not true.

When I emailed Forge this week, credit where it is due, they got back to be quickly but said that they had been an exact match so I sent the photos on my other thread and backed this up with some photos from the tinterweb showing a Corrado and also a MK3 with the differences (harder than you would think to get a clear shot of both to be of any worth!)

Forge have now come back to say they see the difference and said they will need to try and dig out my old hoses but they have probably been binned and asked where they could get any from hence my looking.

Alex

Yeah, i like the Roose hoses, swapped my samcos for some as the samcos kept splitting.

I like them also Jim, cracking internal quality too!

I do wish I had not used the jubilee's & kept the OEM spring clamps though

At the time I didn't know about the Roose ones and was not as active on the forum.

I asked Forge at Inters last year and they asked for mine to pattern in exchange for a set.

The deal was done and last September/October I was sent my set. Due to set backs here and there, I only refitted the rad last week and then found that these 2 hoses didn't fit.

Forge had said that they were a match for the MK3 VR6 and have sent me a set of them - however I now know this to be not true.

When I emailed Forge this week, credit where it is due, they got back to be quickly but said that they had been an exact match so I sent the photos on my other thread and backed this up with some photos from the tinterweb showing a Corrado and also a MK3 with the differences (harder than you would think to get a clear shot of both to be of any worth!)

Forge have now come back to say they see the difference and said they will need to try and dig out my old hoses but they have probably been binned and asked where they could get any from hence my looking.

Alex

thanks for the explanation Alex. That is good forge got back to you & are being helpful after quite a bit of time.

I did post you a link to the roose site where they have a clear pic of the rado set of pipes - in case you want to forward to forge

I can take a clear pic of the roose setup on mine & post them for you if you think it would help?

breakers are quite regular on here, you could try putting a wanted ad up in the wanted section (in you haven't already) &/or contact someone in the breakers section

if in hindsight I had asked stealth to retain my OEM hoses so I could keep them I would send them you but alas sadly not

good luck

Venair kick ass imo, and do a full vr6 kit! and use a 5/6 (cant remember) layer silicone making them much stronger than the rest, mines 300bhp+ and never popped one in 3 years.

i also have my full original set if yours desperate and still need it!

thanks for the explanation Alex. That is good forge got back to you & are being helpful after quite a bit of time.

I did post you a link to the roose site where they have a clear pic of the rado set of pipes - in case you want to forward to forge

I can take a clear pic of the roose setup on mine & post them for you if you think it would help?

breakers are quite regular on here, you could try putting a wanted ad up in the wanted section (in you haven't already) &/or contact someone in the breakers section

if in hindsight I had asked stealth to retain my OEM hoses so I could keep them I would send them you but alas sadly not

good luck

This is/was a wanted post lol.

Forge have been good to be fair and now they have seen photos realize there is an issue so thanks for the offer, but i think I'm sorted for pictures for now thanks

Venair kick ass imo, and do a full vr6 kit! and use a 5/6 (cant remember) layer silicone making them much stronger than the rest, mines 300bhp+ and never popped one in 3 years.

i also have my full original set if yours desperate and still need it!

I might take you up on that mate.

I'm just waiting to hear back from Forge

BUMP

Getting quite urgent now guys and girls.

Anyone got a set? Just after the top and bottom radiator hoses

Cash waiting

Thanks

Hi,

Yeah I've got a few sets of VR hoses and can provide you with a top and bottom hose in very good condition.

How does £30 posted for the pair sound? That's £10 per hose plus £10 postage and packaging. They're not massively heavy but they're an awkward size so I'd rather courier them to you than Royal Mail.

Cheers

Tom