Sign in to follow this  
baz

Whos owned a g60 and a vr6?

I just cant make my mind up the G60 or the VR6 I have £6000 to spend. So i thought i would ask people which one they prefer.

My buddy owns a vr6 and it is the nutz! It sounds like a racing car! That made me turn to the vr6 but after spending 3hours in this forum my mind is drifting towards the G60.

I use to own a 16v and it was a good experience!

so all the people who have owned a vr6 and g60 which one would you buy again?

Thanks!

Hi Baz,

I have owned a 16v, G60 and now a VR6. Since I haven't had the VR for

long i can't really comment from personal experiance. There are plenty

of threads discussing the two cars side by side. I would have a G60 again

in a flash. It was just that I could get my current VR6 for a good price at

the time that i bought it. Either car is excelent. The G60 is lighter and

won't cost alot to get going really well. The choice is yours tho !

Pau1

Hmm, a bit of a personal feeling here, but given £6,000 I think personally I would buy a G60 with good body and interior, for about £4k and spend the extra £2 personallising it and "superising" it.

Having had 2 G60s and a VR6 for a year now I am VERY happy with the VR6, but find its handling not as good as the G60 (weight problems) but a bit quieter (pipe and slippers time) and less "boy-racery". The VR6 needs revving more to get the best out of it, whereas the G60 has a small (if very powerful) power band.

baz, I have to agree with Campaign, I have owned two G60 and now have a Vr6.

The Vr6 needs revving to get the best out of it,whereas the G60 tends to accelerate on a wave of torque.

The difference between the two is like a 8v and 16v Mk2 Golf if that means anything to you.

If I was you I would buy a G60 for about 3-3.5k and spend the extra cash on a supercharger rebuild and a chip and pulley.That way you will get an easy 200bhp and still have money left for wheels etc. :)

To get the same power from a Vr6 you will need to spend big bucks to get a big improvement in power :(

baz, I have to agree with Campaign, I have owned two G60 and now have a Vr6.

The Vr6 needs revving to get the best out of it,whereas the G60 tends to accelerate on a wave of torque.

The difference between the two is like a 8v and 16v Mk2 Golf if that means anything to you.

If I was you I would buy a G60 for about 3-3.5k and spend the extra cash on a supercharger rebuild and a chip and pulley.That way you will get an easy 200bhp and still have money left for wheels etc. :)

.................To get the same power from a Vr6 you will need to spend big bucks to get a big improvement in power :(

Kind of agree with the above......but, getting 200bhp from a VR, isn't all that difficult. Although I agree that the G60 is far more tuneable than the VR.

campaign that explains alot with your theory of the 8v and 16v.

So say i buy a g60 for £4000 how much would a charger rebuild, chip and pulley cost including an estimate of labour. This would bring the g60 to around 200bhp but what i want to know is:

Can the actual car handle this upgrade to 200bhp. All will i need to change brakes clutch an other things like gearbox!

Apart from the engine, interior and weight is the g60 as same as the 16v?

I cant belive i never even knew about this forum you guys have been very helpful!

Much appreciated :D

I live in North London does anyone know wher my nearest corrado vw main dealer would be or are their any web sites that i can check out on main dealers for corrado g60.

I have thought long hard and now am looking for a imaculate g60 buget is £5000

What year was the last one made 93?

92 i think...stock brakes are very good on G60s.. i wouldn't worry about upgrading them yet. the stock gearbox will handle 200bhp no problems, as long as its in good shape and the synchros are ok. you might want to start considering a new clutch around 190-200bhp.. but if you're not going too much higher than that, you can buy a VR6 clutch for a lot cheaper than a racing clutch, and save money for the charger rebuild since the VR6 clutch is all most people will ever need.

not sure about a comparison to the 16v... we only got G60 and VR6 corrados over on this side.

good luck, G60s are fun cars!! 65 or 68mm pulley, 3.5bar fpr and an sns chip and you're laughin! all cheapy upgrades. :D

http://www.pd-motorsport.co.uk/pages/chargers/main.htm

this will give you some info on charger rebuilds/costs etc..

like g60 says a 68mm(preferbly)pulley and chip(see bilal) and fpr can be brought or around £200 for the lot ,this will give you around 185-190 bhp then add this to a k&n panel filter/exhaust and you should nearly get the 200bhp you are after all for under £600...

hth.

Guys iv decided to go for the g60 so keep your eyes peeled im looking for low milelage imaculate untouched g60 buget is £5k

Dubcharged i keep that in mind your only down the North circ but where abouts in east im from finchley

why not 65mm darren? can't you handle the massive amounts of boost?! :pukeright:

haha i'm just messin around. seriously though.. why would you say 68mm is prefered... its all just RPM... so if you don't rev the shite out of your charger with a 65mm pulley... then its totally safe, and builds boost faster. :twisted:

..am i wrong?

oh, and nice choice baz! :thumb right:

G60 anyday.

smoked a VR the other day n mines standard.

he had handling problems.

now when i up the power i wouldn't like to think how far behind the VR will be. :lol:

g60 for me,much tunable than VR and cheaper. Im in north London baz enfield,you can have a ride in my G60 without boost :p but in a week she'll be pumping hopefully 16psi 8)

LowG do you know any corrado g60 dealers around are area? i went down to vw new sothgate a guy goes hes gona try an locate a g6o around the dealers but he goes probably wont find one!

don't bother with the stealers. waste of time... if its a reasonable price, it will be a shite car... if its a nice car it will break the bank.

thats what its like with corrados/stealers around here anyway... even if you go to a private used car place its like that. private sale only for me.

try searching classifieds online... and get the word out on this list for these guys to watch for ya.. chances are they'll find a minter for ya.

good luck. :D

I got my car from a stealers for an excellent price..... wasn't VW though - was a Seat garage.

So dealers aren't always eil :evil: - you can find a bargain!

LowG do you know any corrado g60 dealers around are area? i went down to vw new sothgate a guy goes hes gona try an locate a g6o around the dealers but he goes probably wont find one!

You wont find 1 from VW in southgate mate,try and check autotrader website as there is a few G60 there,you will see my G60 there for sale aswell :cry:

I'm just off the A406 in Stratford (A406, A12)

I advise you to get a boost gauge installed when you get your raddo before coming down, will help determine the optimum settings. :D

lowg i thought i regognised your motor whats your next motor gona be?

How many different blues does the g6o come in?

iv looked on autotrader they aint good enough!

urs is cool....

when i get my raddo im goin for a euro look slammed!

lowg i thought i regognised your motor whats your next motor gona be?

How many different blues does the g6o come in?

iv looked on autotrader they aint good enough!

urs is cool....

when i get my raddo im goin for a euro look slammed!

hmm i think iv changed my mind in the last week,i cant find a car to replace my G60 so i think im keeping it. By the way my car had a full respray and that is not the original blue shade,this one is slightly darker less purple and more pearlesent.

euro cool like this then!!

hmm looks very nice and very clean,i think would look better with the other lights on and only with the flushed lisence plate. i really love that blue G60 from JD Engenieering not the 16vg60 but the blue g60,that front bumper looks nice and looks very similar to my G60 :p ,oh yea it pumps around 300hp :p