delfinis38

Door handle removal

Wanna take one of my external door handles out tomorrow, have an idea what I intend to do... But can anyone give me a step by step guide. I assume the end screw is handed one left hand and one right hand thread. Does the door card need to be removed ? If so how's best to do the clips at the bottom.

Ta for any info...

Had a brief search is there any mechanical that attach to the handle.

Edited by delfinis38

The os (drivers) screw is opp thread. Once screw is removed slide handle towards front of car and pull out. You may have a cable to disconnect at this point which is sometimes easy to access. If not you should be able to access it from side panel. Worst case, take off door card :(

Just doing some lunchtime ebaying and found this image that may assist.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81949[/ATTACH]

you need to pull the handle slightly as if opening the door (but hold the base of it in place with the screw removed) to get the striker arm clear of the cut out in the door

You will need to remove the door card to get to the central locking cable connector which attachs low down in the door. The clips at the bottom just support the door card, no need to remove them.

Prior to removing the door card check if you can get access via access points below the door catch.... I could and if you can too it will save you time.