craigg9700

24v 2.8 Engine Corrado - Oil leak loctated - But whats the part.....?

Spent my Sunday fault finding on my Project Corrado today.

I've been searching for a an Oil leak under the car. I believe I have found it, but I haven't go a clue what the part is!

Any idea what this is? I am referring to the brass/gold coloured piece with red wire attached to the tip.

Leak seems to be coming from the bottom of this, and Oil only seems to appear when the car is running.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81960[/ATTACH]

Any feedback / pointers would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

Edited by craigg9700
wrong pic

I think that's the high and low pressure oil sensors and someone has just T'd them off. Perhaps buy 2 new sensors with 2 new washers and fit them see if that solves the issue!

Depending on who's done conversion it's 2 of 3, oil pressure hi/oil pressure low and oil temp. The 24v only has 2 places for sensors and the corrado needs 3 so you need to tee it off.

That's a crap way of doing it, you can get nicer looking ones from ebay/demon tweeks or splash out and get a t2.5 tee piece from heritage. It's just an m10 male- 2 x m10 female sensors

mine leaked from an old sensor last year, remove them and clean them up with degreaser and wire brush etc and you should be able to see part numbers on them , just make sure you take note of what wire goes on to what sensor.

Cheers Guys for the feedback.

Had another play. Just ran the car up to temperature, oil temp displayed on the dash, switched it off, removed the wire attached to the lower sensor, started car again, still Oil temperature readings on the dash. Not sure what this sensor is for at the minute. A yellow wire was on this one.

I've since managed to remove this from the Tee piece ( Pics below )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81961[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]81962[/ATTACH]

Given i was still seeing oil temp readings it leads me to think the top sensor, red wire is temp reading on oil.

I can't quite see in the picture but there should be another wire a little further towards the engine which if it is there might be your oil temp, unfortunately with it being a conversion it's difficult to say what colour does what without unplugging at fusebox end.