Bs6VR6

Front scraping noise, what could it be??

Right. After driving the motor to silverston at the weekend a few issues have come to light and I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on it.

Few details.

During the MOT the tester noted that as he was on full lock (left) he felt something bind. Checked everything and could find no movement or play in anything and all components are brand new so he stated it could be a power steering fault.

Had the same issue myself turning round in the garage, at full lock right, no issue, at full lock left something binds. Got out the car and could see nothing catching on anything so a little stumped. It does feel like there is more lock to the left than the right, is it possible to have put the column back in such a way that it is uneven and allowing me to over turn the rack to the left?

Secondly there is a slight scraping noise coming from the front passenger wheel, it is rotational, applying brakes don't affect it but it is speed related, I was thinking dust shields but tried bending them back and no difference. I do have a slight vibration under light braking so is it possible it's a slightly warped disk? They were not new as I bought the whole 312 setup off a member. But are standard Audi disks and looked mint?

Finally, a slight vagueness or lightness to the steering at high speed? Also snatches a bit over potholes, related at all? I have had the tracking done and as stated replaced all the parts I could, what would this normally mean, is it something I've done on reassembly?

Bit gutted to be fair as I had anticipated the handling and brakes to be factory fresh after replacing so many items. What have I overlooked??

Thanks guys, apologies for the long lost

Max,

Quick update, I've read in a couple of places now that on the 312 upgrade you need to remove the dust shields, is this correct? That would explain the scraping noise?