Brett D

2.0 16v My first Corrado

Right evening all thought I better put this in the members gallery now ,it's a ckassic green 2.0 16v never owned one before but always liked them ,this came up an thought f£&ok it why not

How it was when I got it

B4619BAB-DB41-4471-91B6-C891C4C4572C_zpsglvcgh1u.jpg

And here's how it is now

image_9.jpg

image_7.jpg

That's how it is ATM,I pick it up finally tomorrow ,after it passed it's MOT last week,and is now taxed and insured ready to go ,will put some more pics up of what's been done tomorrow as my photobucket is acting up

All comments welcome ,I know the wheels aren't the best but looking to change soon ,just got to sell the audi rs8 reps I have ,as there not to my taste,cheers Brett

Love a green rado. Are the wheels body colour or black? Would look better in a lighter colour IMO. What plans you got for her?

Looking good now Spen has worked his magic but I agree with SR above, I would put on brighter wheels, ( but its your car ;) )

I agree with both of you lol

But they was a cheap tidy up to get it on some wheels ,funds were low as go on holiday Monday ,as soon as I sell the rs8 alloys will look to get some new rims ,another set of rx2s probably ,had a set in the shed for a couple of years but eventually sold them to spencer thinking I would never need them again

Tbh haven't got many plans for it as such ,good tidy up ,some wheels and prob just some subtle mods ,want to change to the vr6 master cylinder and servo as from what Spencer's said it's well worth doing

I agree with both of you lol

But they was a cheap tidy up to get it on some wheels ,funds were low as go on holiday Monday ,as soon as I sell the rs8 alloys will look to get some new rims ,another set of rx2s probably ,had a set in the shed for a couple of years but eventually sold them to spencer thinking I would never need them again

Tbh haven't got many plans for it as such ,good tidy up ,some wheels and prob just some subtle mods ,want to change to the vr6 master cylinder and servo as from what Spencer's said it's well worth doing

That's how it always starts. Not gonna do much then you have done tons of stuff. It's like going out for a beer and saying I'm not gonna get drunk tonight then next morning your trying to remember what happens the night before lol. I've said and heard some many times gonna keep it standard and just drive it but it never works out like that.

Right collected the car yesterday finally ,but not sure what to do as I like the car but ,not a massive fan of the stainless cat back exhaust or the lows (gmax shocks and springs) ,obviously getting old before my time ,I go on holiday next week so going have a week or so to think about what to do

Well that's 4 days and no mods ,so going well so far ,can guarantee another week aswell as will be in Egypt lol

Still don't know what to do about the exhaust and suspension ,thinking of going back to standard .would I regret it ? Lol

Well that's 4 days and no mods ,so going well so far ,can guarantee another week aswell as will be in Egypt lol

Still don't know what to do about the exhaust and suspension ,thinking of going back to standard .would I regret it ? Lol

Suspension yes. Mine is standard great handling for a standard car but looks wise it's far 2 high.

No mods in 4 days, pull your finger out and fit some KR cams.

Not unless your giving them away ,just burst my bubble paying for family holiday to Egypt lol

Out of curiosity how much are they ?

Thanks for the heads up on that SR_Neale ,will put that on the back burner for the moment lol

You are aware that fitting cams and lowering the suspension is modifying? Should have put a tenner on it. Anyone who is thinking about what to do to the car while on holiday is not a keep it standard person.

Been a while but not much to update ,been toying with selling it the last few weeks but was unsure

Will see how I feel once it's on the road again as had the engine overheating light come on fri ,and after nursing it back home and leaving it to cool down it decided to dump all the coolant on the road :evil:

After a fair while investigating I found the leak which was a hole in the metal coolant pipe but the hole itself was under a cable mounting clip so wasn't an obvious one to spot

Then to the drama of getting the pipe out ,rather fiddly but got all pipes and cables disconnected and out of the way ,only to be met with the b£&@ard of oil filters . Had to pretty much destroy it to get it off ,on the plus side my mate from work is hopefully going to make me a new one from stainless steel tomorrow

Also cleaned my expansion tank as was filthy and couldn't even see the water line ,should of taken before pics as it was minging,looks soo much better now :D

We'll unfortunately that didn't last long ,had arranged to meet a friend to agree a price on the car Sunday evening,as with other stuff going on the rado wouldn't get the treatment it deserves and knew he had some nice plans lined up for it

But that obviously want to be as the rado is no more ,the front end went coming off a roundabout and ended up mounting the curb and having a fight with a lamppost ,to say I'm gutted is an understatement ,as knew it was going to be in really good hands ,will post a pic up tomorrow when I'm not working ,thanks for everyone's help ,with my brief stint as a corrado owner

Ye were all good (had the kids in the car :/)

And tbh my mate said it is repairable would just depend on cost as would need a whole new front end ,aswell as new gearbox ,driveshaft etc . And that's at a quick glance

Er I'm not to sure if I'm honest ,got mine for a good price as it needed some work and an mot,got it off a friend of a friend

And been looking at similar age and condition cars and there shooting up in price

Thanks mate ,and ye one of the things unfortunately ,but will stay on the forum as like browsing at everybody's work ,and just incase a little bargain comes up as did enjoy my time owning one ,albeit very short lol