carrots

removing injection for repaint

If I get time next week I want to remove the complete injection system on my kr to repaint manifolds , rocker cover, metering head and sort a bit or rust on inner wings.am I likely to run into and problems getting it running again.I've got new injector seals,rocker gasket,inlet gaskets.cheers

It's not a bad job at all. Did my 2.0 but as its a daily I bought a new rocker cover and the good lady got me a 50mm intake at xmas. Both got powder coated prior to taking on the job, that way it could be done in a day. I did new gaskets all round, including the rocker gasket as these are allegedly prone to leaking.

Fuel pipes under pressure so careful of it squirting and new injector seals are tight as a gnats cuff but no other issues.

Dunno if you have a 50mm intake, but if not you may wish to consider one if not.

As for running into any problems, come on girl its a Corrado......1 job always finds 2 more. :)

I am sticking with my 42mm inlet,did you have any probs starting it when you put it back together

It just needs a bit of time to prime the metering head etc but then vroom

How do you prime it just turn ignition on and off

Turn on and crank till it starts. It'll soon clear the air