delfinis38

Scuttle foliage seal

Thanks Sean for the info...

Not worked mine out yet but someone has cut a square out in the centre of my mesh round about 30mm x 20mm, it's very neat. not looked into why it's their but guess something to do with the aircon components below maybe.

it's worth putting something over the vent, even if it's just some old tights ( :lol: ) always a bit of a shock to get a face full of dried leaves

it's worth putting something over the vent, even if it's just some old tights ( :lol: ) always a bit of a shock to get a face full of dried leaves

I was thinking this gasket that I picked up this morning was double sided sticky but not... so I assume it seals with the addition of the clip on the passenger side... which I haven't got.

anyone got one or can give me a part number for the clip before I confuse the vw parts department.

If I looked at ETKA correctly its:

191 819 130

Hope this helps

Dougie

PS added to say I checked Clasic parts and its available at 1.62 Euro's

Edited by corrado wannabe

If I looked at ETKA correctly its:

191 819 130

Hope this helps

Dougie

PS added to say I checked Clasic parts and its available at 1.62 Euro's

cheers... obsolete at VW now, looked at classic part... shipping is the problem think I will pass on the 26euro for a package.

anyone got a second hand one or an alternative suggestion.

cheers... obsolete at VW now, looked at classic part... shipping is the problem think I will pass on the 26euro for a package.

anyone got a second hand one or an alternative suggestion.

VW Heritage are the UK agents for Classic Parts and can get anything off their site for you. Only snag is it normally takes 3-4 weeks for delivery

jim mines like yours with a wire going through for air co... guess mine was stuck down with mastic after the air co was installed as they lost the clip.

before I remove the seal where does the wire go can it easily be taken off.. it will need to be removed to change the seal.

I'm struggling to remember where it went, i just ditched the aircon.

Found some pics of what i removed, not sure if it helps

2012-07-30114823.jpg

2012-07-30114843.jpg

jim mines like yours with a wire going through for air co... guess mine was stuck down with mastic after the air co was installed as they lost the clip.

before I remove the seal where does the wire go can it easily be taken off.. it will need to be removed to change the seal.

iirc, its the power wire for the flap motor (when you select max it closes the flap) You should be able to pull it carefully through the slot cut in the mesh.