Grrrrallye

Refilling and restarting issues

Evening all.

I was trying to restart the VR today after the build but I have run into yet more issues and wonder if anyone can shed any light on them please?

Firstly, when i power up, the secondary coolant pump runs and is squealing like a stuck pig. I have tried pumping the hoses to push water around etc and proven that I have water getting up to the throttle body. Now admittedly, I have not put any antifreeze in yet but the noise is shocking as though its running dry.

Is there a bleeding process I should be following or will firing the engine and so turning the main pump push everything round ok?

Next up - the battery is knackered, but i can sort that later in the week so I tried to jump it from another car however it looks as though the alarm system has kicked in. This is a Storm with the optional extra alarm.

I have 2 fobs for the alarm, one is in the override box, but as soon as i go for the ignition, the hazards kick off and there is no spark or attempt to fire.

It looks like the batteries in both fobs have failed, does anyone know what size these batteries are please? also, I assumed that with a fob in the over ride box, the car would still fire or does the fob still need power?

Finally, does anyone know what gearbox oil I should be using?

I just want to hear it fire up now!!

Thanks in advance

Electric water pump is really easy and it takes some strain from the heater matrix, I ran mine on just the main water pump but to me I could tell it wasn't cooling quite as good so I would recommend replacing the electric pump. As for filling the system I basically put a bottle and 3 quarters of coolant in and rest water, run the engine with expansion tank lid off watch the bottle for the coolant dropping as the engine takes in more coolant and top as per. I then wait for bubbling in the top of the expansion tank knowing this will be pushing air out the system. Lid back on tank and jobs a gd un.