Jim Bowen

Knock Bushing mod?

Not sure if i asked this before or not, but a while back i bought this item and haven't bothered to fit it during rebuild, not sure if its worth fitting? Anyone had similar fitted for any reason?

20150816_134650_1.jpg

I don't really know what i bought tbh, Car is going to be mapped by Stealth so wondering whether to take it with me to see if it has any benefits.

I don't really know what i bought tbh, Car is going to be mapped by Stealth so wondering whether to take it with me to see if it has any benefits.

It would be interesting to see a remapped before fitting and after fitting dyno and evaluate whether its worth the risk of the ecu ignoring knock compared to power gain - if any.

I suspect Vince will direct you to a bin located in the corner of his workshop lol

Hi Jim are you remapping the as standard car or have you done any mods - would be interested in the before and after for this and if its worth the money. I know you wont get much on the top but hear you get a different feel lower down.

Thinking of a sports exhaust then having the remap

I've got a 2.8 block, 2.9 inlet and throttle body, 263 cams, magnex cat back with a techtonics downpipe (larger bore) and a bmc cda. Can't remember anything else, I'm hoping for at least 192bhp as i've stepped down to the 2.8 block and would like at least standard corrado power.

212BHP for me, loosing 100cc wont have much affect, you still have the inlet mani and TB off the 2.9 engine, plus cams, filter and exhaust. You may lose a little due to the engine being brand new and a bit tight.

212BHP for me, loosing 100cc wont have much affect, you still have the inlet mani and TB off the 2.9 engine, plus cams, filter and exhaust. You may lose a little due to the engine being brand new and a bit tight.

sounds about right

mine made 209.8bhp with the 263's & BMC

im tempted to get it done again now ive got the 2.5" SS with hi flow CAT but it would be a fair few £'s for not many more horses