RFvr6

What immobiliser is this

silly question time, I have what I thought was a standard factory fit immobiliser fitted to my 95 vr6, I was trying to find a replacement battery for the fob as it looks to have a remote to disable the immobiliser, but for now I insert it into its home (just under the glove box) the indicators will flash then I am able to start the car. I have had a browse around the forum to see if anyone else has the same one but there isn't much info about them,

so if anyone can tell me a bit more about them it would be great, just so if by chance it does die on me or if I lose the fob then atleast I know where I am.

so what i would like to know is if they are a vw retro kit / if they are an optional factory fit / if they are a cheapy brand kit, and also if anyone knows where I can get these damn batteries!

thanks in advance chaps

a302700d66de4f9ece1b4e5cc1372bd7.jpg

d9cf5badc74bdeea3710f0a177d56584.jpg

Standard immobiliser, same as the one on my storm. I think it was a dealer fit but would need it confirming. Think I have all the info on it somewhere.

perfect! iv done a bit searching on the 'Conlog Logic 900' and it sounds spot on, and as you said it is a dealer fit, and for anyone else that stumbles upon this thread- the battery is a PWN637 aka GP4/393

I work for vw parts and I get more info out of this forum then every vw system put together

cheers guys

I work for vw parts and I get more info out of this forum then every vw system put together

cheers guys

That pretty much sums up most of our experiences at VW dealerships over the years as well :)

I just checked and I do have the manual for this alarm if you need a copy

it's alright that's alot of haste for you, but if anything goes wrong I know who to ask first I replaced they fob battery but the button still isn't working so I will just have to make do with leaning over the passenger's lap every time I start the car.. not always a bad thing when it's a pretty senorita haha

That pretty much sums up most of our experiences at VW dealerships over the years as well :)

I enjoy tinkering about with older cars, it helps when dealing with customers with similar cars, it still can be pretty difficult learning everything about every model though.. even though that is our job!

I'm sure most of the people on here though could teach the parts guys a thing or two though