Nuttyp26

Unplug Maf Vr6 dies

I have searched all over the Internet to try and find an answer to my problem, so please don't berate me as its a dreaded idle running issue. Here are my symptoms and what I think, I'm just after some advice before a start sporadically changing hard to find expensive parts.

1. Runs very rich, struggles to pass on idle emissions for Mot. New lambada.

2. Unplug maf car instantly stalls, suggests to me maf ok.

3. Unplug TPS, car hunts wildly so seems to me that this is ok. Next step was ISV, which I have recently cleaned out. Also cleaned throttle body and checked all vac lines.

4. Unplug ISV car idle sits @ 1100 rpm but stable so this suggests to me that it is also working.

5. Changed all temp senders for genuine parts so Ecu maps for cold start are working, she sits at a steady 90-100 on a run and all fans work.

I'm now stumped as to what is causing the issue, any ideas or things I've missed or I might be completely wrong. Just wanna get her running right.

Thanks

Unplugged hall sender, nothing happened so assumed it is knacked. Have fitted a new one, tht I'll unplug the maf see if that sorted it. Car still dies. Any more ideas chaps, MOT time soon need to get those emissions down.

Do you have access to VCDS or VAG.COM? Some of the readings would really help you out here as a starting point. Otherwise you'll just be wasting money replacing things that are not faulty - and the parts aren't cheap. Been there done that. Also, using 20+ year old second hand parts off ebay or a breakers may not help as there's no way of telling if they are also faulty or gone past their usable life without proper testing.

Also, what's the deal with the emissions in the UK for the MOT? Over here, for the NCT an older car must only meet the standards that were in force when the car was originally made.