Cressa

Water drip from chassis under body!!

797cf658a747ed133456176b01dfe60a.jpg

This picture shows a slight drip of water coming out of a bolt hole. It's coloured pink due to the under seal I've just removed the VR subframe and have been de-rusting and re-sealing everywhere. My concern is that water could be sitting inside parts of the chassis. Has anyone else come across this? I'm considering wax oiling all inside every crevice I find now

Yes, had it on mine, The opening is at the front end where the bumper slides in to the chassis so i assume water gets in there, Or finds its way in from battery tray area

I've let mine dry out and then used cavity wax with the long hose gun to fill the chassis legs with wax again. You can get a liquid penetrating wax and then a harder type that sets you spray over the first wax.

http://www.rejel.com/rejel-store/classic-kits.aspx

But yeah, spray it in every hole you can, did all inside my sills, the rear 1/4's, chassis legs, the rear panel where badges sit and also shoved it in as many holes on the floor pan as possible.