Sign in to follow this  
Dubster1

Couple of quick questions about electric windows and seats.

Can anybody tell me where the electric window switches are mounted on a 91 16v corrado and are they the same kind of switch as fitted to a golf mk3.

Nearly forgot,will mk2 golf seats fit in a corrado without any modifications,

Cheers guys and now waiting for loads of replies :wink:

Can anybody tell me where the electric window switches are mounted on a 91 16v corrado and are they the same kind of switch as fitted to a golf mk3.

Nearly forgot,will mk2 golf seats fit in a corrado without any modifications,

Cheers guys and now waiting for loads of replies :wink:

the window switch is nothing like the Mk3 Golf's btw.......as for Mk2 seats these will sit a bit too high......i think you can use scirrocco seats instead tho :wink:

Ok guys..So switch should be mounted in the door card,but where exactly?? and i guess there is 2 on the drivers side and 1 on passenger??..I need to know where cos i'm going to retro fit some soon.

And its handy to know mk2 seats fit,not too worried about height cos it will be a pair of height adjustable mk2 recaros 8)

Ok guys..So switch should be mounted in the door card,but where exactly?? and i guess there is 2 on the drivers side and 1 on passenger??..I need to know where cos i'm going to retro fit some soon.

And its handy to know mk2 seats fit,not too worried about height cos it will be a pair of height adjustable mk2 recaros 8)

right assuming your C has windy-up windows the switches should fit roughly where the window winders would be,and yes the driver-side one has both controls and the pass-side one has only controls for the pass-side

back to the seats.........now i'm not totally 100% sure on this but even with your mk2 recaro's being height adjustable......the seats will still sit too high.......IIRC its to do with the available free space under the seat base in relation to the runners :? :? :? :?

I'm sure why they look high is due to the front mount on the floor makes the seat sit quite high at the front.very rakey..I'm hoping the corrado floor mount is lower? so should make the seat sit lower,back of the seat sits well low so no probem there.

I just have to wait and see i guess :|

Although the leccy window switches are/should normally mounted in the door card mine has a retro fit with them either side of the handbrake and in my opinion and a couple of mates with rado's it's much better looking and to use and looks very natural.

Although the leccy window switches are/should normally mounted in the door card mine has a retro fit with them either side of the handbrake and in my opinion and a couple of mates with rado's it's much better looking and to use and looks very natural.

A good point worth considering. The lecky window switch location on the early C's isn't great!

anyone fitted mk2 golf recaros in a corrado yet - i have be contemplating the same thing as my mate has a set he mite sell me - i would jus offer them up if it didnt mean a ferry trip (£40 in car... :roll: ) jus to hav a look!

here you go this is my passenger side

download.php?id=147

they are mounted on the same place on all early and cross over models of the Corrado IIRC, I think sept onwards the moved to the door pods