charliemcdonald

2.0 8v ADY water pump replacing

Just looking to pick folks brains for sone advice.

Ive got a chirping squeeking noise from under the bonnet. Gets louder as revs build up. Belts are fine. And the finger has been pointed at my water pump being the issue. So I've bought a new water pump as I might be being paranoid but I'm sure the noise is getting worse.

Just want to know if anyone has already done one on 2.0 8v. And if they can tell me if they're is anything I should be cautious of while doing it.

Cheers Charlie

They're the easiest engines of this era to do! Just the alternator /pas pump brackets to remove and you can get straight to it. I'd get a new genuine thermostat (dear, but I've had issues with every aftermarket one I've fitted!) And a new thermostat housing (they warp and often font like sealing again once they've been off!)

That's exactly the kind of advice I was looking for buddy cheers. I'm not new to working on my cars, but always handy to hear from someone that's already done one to hear of any problems.

I use the car for work so can't be without it while waiting for a part. I'm only running this engine till after the winter. Going to see what all I need to convert it to a vr6 and get the parts together over the winter. Not used to 4 pot cars. Miss my 6 pot noise.

Edited by charliemcdonald