Bfstrachan

Inlet manifold guide seals?

Question regarding the inlet manifold. Im changing from 42mm to 50mm and have the new manifold stripped. I am fitting new injector guides and read that there might be seals in there somewhere? Are they between the sleeve and guide or do they go on the guide themselves? Have unscrewed the brass sleeves ready for the new guides, but thought I better check before putting everything back together.

Thanks

Was just trying to find you a picture from when I did mine but couldn't find it. Anyway the plastic cup push fits onto the brass injector seat. Before screwing this back into the manifold there is a seal that fits over the plastic cup and seats on the flat part. When it's all screwed back into the manifold and bolted to the engine, the injectors push fit into the seats with seals (tight as a gnats chuff).

Was just trying to find you a picture from when I did mine but couldn't find it. Anyway the plastic cup push fits onto the brass injector seat. Before screwing this back into the manifold there is a seal that fits over the plastic cup and seats on the flat part. When it's all screwed back into the manifold and bolted to the engine, the injectors push fit into the seats with seals (tight as a gnats chuff).

Ok, so you insert the plastic guide into the brass sleeve and the seal then slips over the plastic guide at the bottom of the brass sleeve or the seal is on the plastic guide before being inserted into the brass sleeve? Is the seal inside the brass sleeve or outside the plastic guide? Guessing the question is - does the seal seat inside the brass sleeve sealing the plastic guide or does it seat against the manifold sealing the brass sleeve?

Thanks!

50mm manifold fits both 1.8 and 2.0 engines.

And looks sweet as

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82609[/ATTACH]

Edited by MZpog

50mm manifold fits both 1.8 and 2.0 engines.

And looks sweet as

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82609[/ATTACH]

Are the throttle bodies both the same or do I need to stick with the original?

Thanks!