MattVR6

New VR6 owner. First Corrado

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say how helpful this forum has been, even in the 3 days I have owned my car. After 2 months of deciding what car to purchase next, I finally settled on a corrado. What a great car!! My previous vehicles have been a 1975 MGB GT, 1975 Reliant Scimitar and a 1987 MR2 MK1, so I am well acquainted with older cars.

MY CAR:

1992 VR6 2.9

170k miles

Green (not sure of the specific colour, dragon green?)

Manual

Bodywork is mint. Was resprayed a few years ago, all documented with pics.

FSH

The spoiler works!

The sunroof works!

Bolsters aren't worn!

It drives and sounds great so i'm more than chuffed, I just have lots of small jobs to do. I am very keen to make my cars as good as they can be. In a year my engine bay will be gleaming!!

Look forward to meeting some great people on this forum. Already a proud Corrado owner :smug:

Cheers, Matt

Welcome Matt, plenty of helpful people on here in case you have any questions. Look forward to seeing some pics and hearing your plans. :)

Hi all,

Firstly I would like to say how helpful this forum has been, even in the 3 days I have owned my car. After 2 months of deciding what car to purchase next, I finally settled on a corrado. What a great car!! My previous vehicles have been a 1975 MGB GT, 1975 Reliant Scimitar and a 1987 MR2 MK1, so I am well acquainted with older cars.

MY CAR:

1992 VR6 2.9

170k miles

Green (not sure of the specific colour, dragon green?)

Manual

Bodywork is mint. Was resprayed a few years ago, all documented with pics.

FSH

The spoiler works!

The sunroof works!

Bolsters aren't worn!

It drives and sounds great so i'm more than chuffed, I just have lots of small jobs to do. I am very keen to make my cars as good as they can be. In a year my engine bay will be gleaming!!

Look forward to meeting some great people on this forum. Already a proud Corrado owner :smug:

Cheers, Matt

Welcome to the fold. I too had an MGB GT (1972) previously but it would have turned to red dust if I'd used it as a daily like my Corrado.

Well I used my MGB as a daily driver for 10 months!! Then had it as a weekend car for the next 2 years. My Corrado is, and will be a daily driver also.

Some pics as requested (if they work), I will make a more detailed (picture heavy) thread in the gallery sub-forum. Yes it needs a clean and the paint is really smeary and white marks all over due to a half arsed polishing job I expect!:

photo.php?fbid=10153322259234472&set=pcb.10153322260899472&type=3&theater

IMAG0565_zps5fvjrl9e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12

http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Jawa411/media/Corrado/IMAG0569_zpsbk6spnso.jpg.html?sort=3&o=8

http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/Jawa411/media/Corrado/IMAG0570_zpsl2gis4zq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

IMAG0573_zpsk2dlvfpa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

As expected, inserting the pic hasn't worked. There are 2 links there that will lead to the album. Browse at your leisure :smug: