MattVR6

New VR6 owner. A few questions.

Hi all,

My Corrado interior is in great condition, everything works and is a lovely place to be. Just a few questions about it:

1. Although in excellent condition overall, my interior is grey cloth (boooo). Long term plan would be to get a black leather interior. Are these easy to source (excluding ebay) as a set and if so how much?

2. The carpets all around are in mint condition. So mint I want to keep them that way. Are there any recommended footwell mat suppliers? Or any mats from other car models that fit well?

3. The centre trim section surrounding the handbrake has come loose. Is this just screwed in place or am I looking at some broken poppers? Also the bit of trim ON the handbrake is coming away. Currently held in place by double sided sticky tape. Is this factory or how else do I hold it in place?

4. The handbrake is fully engaged after only 2-3 clicks with very little travel. Has this been over-adjusted or completely normal?

5. What corrados featured the dual volt and oil pressure gauges at the bottom of the centre console? Just curious as I like the storage space to be honest!

6. Sidelight/headlight switch is a bit......hit and miss. Always operates the first click but sometimes takes a few tries to get the dipped beams to come on. Corrado quirk or a new switch needed?

It's quite a long list, but then I do want my Corrado to be as perfect as can be =D

Thanks, Matt

Hello again Matt, here we go.

1. Quite often pops up, anywhere from £250 - £750 depending on condition. You should be able to get a very respectable set for around £400. Those after the upper end of the price range I just mentioned rarely sell very quickly, as you can get a decent set of electric leather recaros for under a grand (a much rarer factory option).

2. I think the factory mats are now obsolete, but there are decent reproduction ones on ebay, although they often don't have the Corrado script embossed like the factory ones.

3. Centre trim is prone to breaking. Have a look in the suppliers forum (I think) and look for daves16v centre tunnel bracket. He can supply everything you need to fix it for a small cost, including directions on how to do it. Alternatively, make up something yourself without too much fuss.

4. Yep, sounds like its over adjusted. When you remove the centre tunnel to fix that, just loosen it off a little until you're happy.

5. Another factory option, and not many have them nowadays. Another expensive part if you "fancy" it.

6. Switches run very hot due to excess current, so are prone to becoming brittle and breaking, but also catching fire!

Have a look in the wiki section at the inline fuse mod to prevent fires, and again in the suppliers forum for a good chinese repro that someone (I forget who) has sourced and is offering. Alternatively, the wiki has a guide to repair if you fancy taking it apart, or just get a good second hand one from a breaker or ebay.

Hope this helps! :thumbleft:

Sean thanks again for your input. I take it you are the Corrado aficionado?

Veedubbed thanks for the offer but in the list of "things to do" the leather interior is right at the bottom, as it's not necessary. Also it's something I wouldn't be able to afford for sometime having just purchased the vehicle hehe.

Am quite local (nr Dunmow) and have 2 or 3 new headlights switches, wouldn't mind if you wanted to try one (be careful as they do burn out if they much up)

Sean thanks again for your input. I take it you are the Corrado aficionado?

Veedubbed thanks for the offer but in the list of "things to do" the leather interior is right at the bottom, as it's not necessary. Also it's something I wouldn't be able to afford for sometime having just purchased the vehicle hehe.

Haha, not really I'm just sat at work on the computer and bored! I know enough, but there are far more knowledgeable people than me on here. Always happy to help where I can though. :thumbleft: